Associate Director: Partnerships and Development
- Full Time
Position Description: Associate Director: Partnerships and Development
Start Date: September, 2021
The TJ Partnership Fund (TJPF) is currently seeking an Associate Director to support the TJPF’s mission and vision. The TJPF exists to establish and maintain a fund to support the unique learning opportunities, specialized curriculum and innovative research experiences available to students at Thomas Jefferson that are not covered by traditional funding sources. The TJPF supports TJHSST as directed by the school’s administration, with our primary focus areas being academic excellence, alumni engagement, and STEM outreach. To learn more about the three mission areas of the Fund, please visit: https://www.tjpartnershipfund.org/about/mission-and-history
In this role, the Associate Director will work with staff, board members, and volunteers (including parents, students, and alumni) to develop and cultivate relationships with key donors and prospects. Two primary areas of focus for development and partnership are TJHSST alumni and Northern Virginia and DC Metro Area corporations and STEM-focused organizations.
The position reports to the Board of Directors.
Primary responsibility is for overall the overall execution of strategy set by the Board of Directors, including key outreach and engagement programs, which will include corporate partnership development, as well as soliciting major gifts of $25,000 and higher from alumni, parents, friends and regional businesses. The Associate Director will manage and support relationships with constituents and will be expected to identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit, and steward these relationships toward fulfilling the Fund’s financial goals as well as supporting the longer-term mission of the Fund. The position requires working with volunteers, community and business leaders, Governors School and Fairfax County Public Schools' personnel and representatives. TJHSST has a high profile in the region, nationally, and internationally as a top STEM high school and it is seen as a model for how to educate and excite students in the area of STEM education. The Associate Director will maximize the impact of such a prestigious reputation, and harness the current policy climate which seeks to emphasize science, technology and innovation in education, to the short and long-term benefit of the institution.
The Associate Director will continue to build and solidify an effective development operation – including operational programs such as Annual Giving, while collaborating with the Board of Directors on high-level corporate gifts and strategic corporate partnerships. In addition, the Associate Director will continue alumni engagement work in the areas of reunions, regional events, and opportunities to support students and student life.
Depending on experience and qualifications, this role can be either a Director position or an Associate Director position. This opportunity is a great match for candidates that are entrepreneurial and desire a career opportunity that provides high-level visibility and exposure to top corporations, organizations, and business executives. This position offers a unique opportunity for candidates interested in nonprofit administration, organization management, and partnership development to gain insight on the inner-workings of a variety of institutions and high-level decision making.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in nonprofit administration, business, or related field of study
- Between 3-5 years of business development, fundraising, or relationship management experience
- Strong analytical, organizational, and strategic skills
- A self-starter with high motivation and positivity who can work within periods of uncertainty and who will leverage and seek guidance from key stakeholders at the Fund and School
- A person of the highest integrity who will handle sensitive financial information with appropriate confidentiality
- Knowledge of best practices in marketing, communications, and relationship management
- Volunteer and board management experience preferred
- Entrepreneurial approach to fundraising, with a keen appreciation for the specific challenges of working with a young organization in transition. Ability to develop fundraising strategies and techniques
- Ability to communicate and interact with, as well as support effective partnerships with peers, volunteer, school and community leaders
- Comfort with STEM education topics and terms
- Must be able to travel up to 10%, occasional work on evenings and/or weekends may be required
Apply for Associate Director: Partnerships and Development
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly