Web & Technology Manager
The American Society for Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics (ASPET) is a 4,000-member scientific society whose members conduct basic and clinical pharmacological research and work for academia, government, large pharmaceutical companies, small biotech companies, and non-profit organizations. Our members' research efforts help develop new medicines and therapeutic agents to fight existing and emerging diseases.
ASPET is seeking to hire a Web & Technology Manager to manage the Society’s Website and Technology areas.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage ASPET website and all associated microsites, including but not limited to: updating and maintaining existing content, removing and/or archiving old content, formatting, posting new content, managing and organizing content folders in the CMS, and maintaining a consistent look and feel throughout all web properties.
- Manage web pages, forms, and other integrations with technology vendors including membership database, online community, email, applications, and other vendors as needed.
- Create and/or edit graphics, banners, copy, and buttons for the website.
- Develop a collaborative working relationship with internal departments, members, and vendors and works with key staff to assess existing web content, campaigns and strategies, and identify future web needs.
- Track, analyze, and provide monthly and annual reports on website metrics to inform future enhancements.
- Analyze the site layouts and structures, HTML coding, and navigation systems for optimizing the content to enhance the visibility of the website.
- Review website to ensure accuracy and functionality and mark changes as required to review at team meetings and work closely with Director of Marketing to ensure site content production adheres to best practices.
- Write web documentation, including web standards, procedures, best practices, and style guides.
- Manage Society’s IT needs by serving as the primary point of contact with IT service provider.
- Regularly meet with IT vendor to plan for future technology needs, including but not limited to upgrades of hardware and software and proactively communicate and present technology needs and plans on a regular basis with Director of Marketing, EO, and CFO to keep the group apprised of IT performance, potential issues, and budget approvals.
- Help coordinate multiple technology-related vendors, including but not limited to new software, platforms, and other technology that automates or improves society services
- Assist the marketing team and other staff with ongoing programs, including but not limited to social media, email strategy, and analytics.
- Assist with duties at the ASPET Annual Meeting.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of progressive experience working in website management, with project management, preferably in an association or nonprofit organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in web design, digital marketing, computer science, IT, communications, or related field preferred. College courses with relevant work experience required.
- Expert knowledge of web content management systems (Sitefinity or equivalent CMS) and HTML coding.
- Sitefinity administrator experience, familiarity with association management systems (Clear Vantage), and web development experience a plus.
- Proficient with InDesign, Photoshop, MS Office suite, and the ability to troubleshoot functional and layout issues.
- Working knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) practices.
- Must be initiative driven and able to seek out new content, strategies, and projects to enhance the overall web objectives of the organization.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills, organization skills, attention to detail, and proof-reading and editing skills.
- Must have the ability to problem-solve, think creatively and strategically, meet deadlines, budgets, and prioritize multiple tasks and projects.
- Must have the ability to interact professionally and collaboratively on a team.
- Some travel may be required
This is a full-time, exempt position. ASPET offers exceptional benefits including, 403(b) retirement, medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, and more.
This position is located in Rockville, Maryland and in walking distance to Metro and on major bus lines.
For more information and to apply, visit http://www.faseb.org/employment. Please send a cover letter and salary requirements with your resume.
To learn more about ASPET, please visit www.aspet.org
ASPET is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.