The Community Manager will facilitate the efficient operation of the community and property operations, ensuring proper maintenance of the units and delivery of high-quality customer service to its clients. The ideal candidate will be a team player, detail oriented, & ‘hands-on.’
• Planning and directing the day-to-day operations of the property.
• Ensuring the timely collection of rents & meeting the financial objectives of the property.
• Developing and successfully implementing annual operation and capital improvement budgets.
• Preparing monthly management & financial reports.
• Preparing analysis of local market conditions & trends.
• Managing related vendors and contracts.
• Implementing policies & procedures.
• Recruiting, training, developing, mentoring & motivating onsite staff.
• Other related duties.
• Associates degree, Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent 5 years of experience in affordable/tax credit site management required.
• Section 8 (COS Certification) and/or Tax Credit (TCS Certification) experience is an absolute requirement.
• A related certification is a plus.
• Prior experience as a Community Manager with a proven track record of success with cooperative management, effective communication, marketing, managing multiple projects & meeting deadlines.
• Ability to produce reports, maintain records.
• Experience with budgeting & cost management.
• Knowledge of local Virginia apartment market & Fair Housing regulations.
• Ability to think strategically with proven problem-solving skills.
• Excellent communication, time management & organizational skills.
• Knowledge of Yardi software preferred.
• Proficiency with MS Word & Excel.
For immediate consideration, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit & apply on our website www.ahcinc.org, under the ‘About Us’ tab. EOE