Project Manager, Quality Measurement
3 days left
- Full Time
The Project Manager will manage projects within the Quality Measurement department related to measure endorsement, measure alignment, public and private partnerships, and/or emerging quality measurement areas. The Project Manager will work closely with project teams and stakeholders to ensure that all project requirements, deadlines, and schedules are within scope, on time, and within budget. The person in this role is responsible for creating project plans; tracking, monitoring, and reporting on project status and budget; and working with project staff to ensure completion of projects.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create comprehensive project schedules, timelines, and work plans for assigned projects.
- Oversee project tasks, budgets, timelines, and resources necessary to ensure the project stays within scope, on time and within project budget.
- Conduct risk assessments and maintain an issue resolution log to identify potential risks and devise contingency plans accordingly in consultation with the Senior Managing Director.
- Proactively engage teams/stakeholders in project task priority setting and implementation.
- Develop and deliver progress reports and presentations to senior management on project progress.
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of standardized operational and project management processes, tools, plans, and templates.
- Ensure compliance with project and department standards and procedures.
- Facilitate startup and closeout activities for assigned projects.
- Mentor and support junior staff.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS Education/Certification:
Bachelor’s degree with minimum 5 years relevant work experience or master’s degree with minimum 3 years relevant work experience
Project Management Professional or other project management certification preferred
Lean Six Sigma certification strongly desired
- Experience with increasing responsibility and project management experience, with demonstrated success, including contributing to budget development and monitoring, financial reports, utilization reports and timelines
- Experience managing a diverse portfolio of projects across programs and/or departments
- Familiarity with a variety of project management tools, practices, and procedures (e.g., Smartsheet, etc.)
- Experience generating and delivering effective metrics and status reports
- Proficiency to identify, clarify, and build in contractual requirements and departmental/ organizational policies into project plans
- Proficiency with independently identifying and escalating project risks
- Proven ability to anticipate challenges and apply well-informed solutions and process improvements at the project, product, or program team levels
- Proficiency at drafting large portions of project deliverables with limited guidance
- Comfort with ambiguity and proficiency with embracing change and adjusting priorities, processes and/or approach as needs dictate
- Facilitation of collaboration needed to achieve individual and team tasks and projects
- Building proficiency with presentation and communication skills, including meeting facilitation skills and leading portions of external calls or meetings
- Demonstrated proficiency to support, collaborate, train, and lead other colleagues to complete tasks, as well as formal and informal leadership across an organization, promoting teamwork
- Mastery in MS Office Suite
- Knowledge of the healthcare delivery system, public health, health IT, or health policy a plus
- Consulting experience a plus
- Comfort with adapting to rapidly changing circumstances
- Strong analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving capabilities
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
In the primary environment, the noise level is quiet to moderate with ambient room temperatures, lighting, and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
NQF embraces a culture of excellence through multi-stakeholder collaboration. We encourage and empower each employee to prioritize learning and growing by providing them the resources to deliver excellence. At NQF, you will find a fast-paced, challenging, inspiring and rewarding career. Maximize your talent and join a team committed to setting high standards for better healthcare efficacy and delivery.
NQF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/V/D are encouraged to apply.