Senior Director (Endorsement and Maintenance), Quality Measurement
The Senior Director is responsible for managing and executing the implementation of more complex, scientifically advanced projects across measure endorsement, measure maintenance, public and private partnerships, and/or emerging quality measurement areas. The Senior Director will manage the day-to-day operations of those projects, including directing project teams, ensuring projects are on time and within budget in consultation with the Senior Managing Director, and monitoring project direction, deliverables and milestones. The Senior Director will provide content expertise to staff and will contribute to business development activities in emerging quality areas.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise multiple project directors, managers, and other project staff.
- Manage project teams and provide content expertise (e.g., methodological, clinical and implementation) to help advance more complex and scientifically advanced projects.
- Mentor and coach direct reports and other colleagues and serve as a positive role model.
- Empower staff to generate ideas, proactively solve problems, and ensure ownership and accountability.
- Actively guide staff and encourage participation in organization-wide efforts and activities.
- Work across stakeholder groups at all levels, demonstrating expertise in facilitating resolution and navigating issues.
- Prioritize outstanding issues through exercising sound judgment based on experience, knowledge, and interpersonal skills.
- Oversee project budgets, including collaborating with the Senior Managing Director and Finance department to develop initial budgets, monitor utilization, and work with team leads to keep project within budget.
- Assist in leading project planning and development, tying project goals to NQF strategic objectives and ensuring milestones are met.
- Ensure good relationships with funders and address issues in a timely manner, in consultation with the Managing Director.
- Brief senior leadership on status of projects, emerging trends, and opportunities for future development.
- Proactively identify, communicate, and escalate risks to leadership and propose solutions.
- Serve as key staff member of the NQF Consensus Standards Approval Committee (CSAC).
- Effectively manage project resources, scope, and risks to deliver outstanding quality.
- Set clear, realistic priorities for team and manage expectations accordingly.
- Lead and facilitate meetings with internal and external stakeholders as needed.
- Contribute to business development activities in emerging quality areas, including proposal writing, developing budgets, and working collaboratively across NQF to identify and develop new opportunities.
- Collaborate across NQF to advance quality measurement and alignment.
- Education/Certification: Advanced degree in a clinical discipline, public health, or healthcare management Experience:
- Minimum 7 years of relevant work experience
- Minimum 4 years of experience managing a portfolio of projects and budgets across multiple large, complicated projects
- Minimum 3 years of experience leading, managing, coaching, and mentoring individuals and/or teams and holding staff accountable for results
- Experience in healthcare quality, including measurement, alignment, and improvement
- Demonstrated success at leading multiple, complex large projects and managing competing priorities to achieve optimal results
- Demonstrated effective experience working across stakeholder groups at all levels
- Demonstrated experience working with budgets and forecasts for projects and managing utilization targets
- Demonstrated expertise and leadership presenting, speaking, and writing on behalf of an organization and cultivating external relationships to identify new opportunities to advance an organization through networking and participation in external
- Strong knowledge of healthcare performance measurement, policy, or public health
- Experience working in the healthcare delivery system is a plus
- Experience guiding staff through effective interactions and process improvement efforts, including partnering to drive standardization in project management and identifying and implementing process improvements across projects
- Mastery of technical knowledge to guide project teams, as well as ability to learn new content in order to guide projects in a variety of content areas
- Proven guidance on completion of deliverables, as well as mastery with initial review and edits to deliverables
- Mastery in fostering an environment for the development of new ideas and solutions and proactively mitigating problems
- Mastery in facilitating change and encouraging others to follow
- Mastery of active participation in leading business development (BD) efforts, including external BD conversations; internal BD brainstorming; and development of proposals, concept papers, and statements of work
- Proven active leadership and promotion of effective collaboration and interaction with internal peers and subordinates, as well as external stakeholders
- Mastery of ability to supervise and manage larger staff teams, with greater emphasis on leading, coaching, and mentoring staff, and serving as a positive role model, with initiative to escalate and propose solutions to staffing or organizational issues
- Mastery in identifying and forecasting trends to recommend strategies, with ability to align resources to support an organization's goals
- Mastery of facilitation and presentation skills, with well-organized, concise, and clear writing and speaking skills, as well as delivery of compelling and persuasive messages and demonstrated active listening
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Work environment In the primary environment, the noise level is quiet to moderate with ambient room temperatures, lighting, and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.