User Experience Designer (Not a remote position)
6 days left
- Full Time
The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association requires all new employees to present proof they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 when they start work. Currently, “fully vaccinated” is defined as someone that has received both doses of the Pfizer/Moderna COVID-19 vaccines or one dose of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine 14 days or more before they begin work. Individuals with a disability or a religious reason preventing them from taking the vaccine may request an accommodation.
The User Experience Designer will manage and direct user experience to ensure ASHA’s mission and vision by ensuring that its digital ecosystems are developed from a user-centric design perspective. The individual in this position will work collaboratively with a broad range of ASHA staff and consultants to envision and design user experiences that meet the needs of ASHA members and the public.
1. Responsible for managing all aspects of user experience design for ASHA’s websites, mobile apps, and applications
2. User Designer should be able to:
- Manage the research and design digital interfaces that promote usability and enhance users' experiences and interactions with our products.
- Execute on all phases of the UX Design from research reports, prototypes, process flows, wireframes to final hand-off to developers and designers.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (DEV, UX, PM, BA) to define, design, and deliver creative digital solutions
3. On-going duties include:
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects and deliverables concurrently and efficiently
- Advocate for best practices across all devices.
- Leverage web analytics to understand and enhance the user experience.
- Keep up-to-date on the latest trends and best practices in user experience research and design.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- B.A. or B.S. degree
- At least 5 years of experience developing websites, web applications, and digital products as an Information Architect, Interaction Designer, User Experience Designer, Web Designer, Usability Specialist, or Front End Developer.
- Continuing education or coursework in user experience design, web application development, and web site development.
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Experience with user research and usability testing, and documenting and communicating results.
- Demonstrate ability to produce high fidelity wireframes and have experiences with at least one wire framing and prototyping tool (e.g., Adobe CS Applications, Omnigraffle, Balsamiq Mockups or Axure) (portfolio samples will be required)
- Experience producing written and visual UX documentation including sitemaps, wireframes, reports, user flows, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Experience using fluid grids, and working in responsive/adaptive websites using Bootstrap
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and mobile web standards
- Knowledge of web accessibility standards is helpful
- Experience with WordPress, Episerver, and SharePoint is helpful
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Ability to assume a leadership role in advancing ASHA’s overall user experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and anticipate next steps
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication, presentation, and analytical skills including the ability to communicate design concepts clearly and persuasively across various audience