The American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (ASBMB) is an international nonprofit, scientific and educational organization. With over 11,000 members, made up of students, researchers, educators and industry professionals, the ASBMB is one of the largest molecular life science societies in the world.
ASBMB is seeking a full-time Marketing Manager to work in conjunction with the Director of Marketing & Member Engagement and the Website Content Manager, to develop and execute multichannel marketing strategies and campaigns for all programs and departments. Also working with the Director of Marketing and Member Engagement, to develop and execute membership recruitment, retention, and engagement strategies, including analyzing reports.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Creatively strategize with ASBMB departments to develop, write, proof, edit and publicize print and digital content, including emails.
- Serve as in-house expert on best practices in digital marketing to create successfully targeted promotions.
- Develop and manage paid ads through Google and social channels, including optimizing campaign parameters and coordinating with the appropriate ASBMB departments to choose artwork, write copy and set budget.
- Manage development of media kits for society products including ASBMB Today and virtual events and solicit sponsors.
- Manage all design projects oversees branding guidelines.
- Track effectiveness of campaigns through appropriate metrics and share with staff.
- Oversee marketing list development and procurement.
- Exhibit at external meetings to promote the society.
- Select and coordinate with vendors for various projects.
- Serve as secondary website approver.
- Other duties upon request.
Responsibilities may be modified or changed at any time to fulfill organizational requirements
Skills and Qualifications
- College degree in business or marketing with 5-7 years’ experience in marketing preferred
- Strong organizational skills demonstrated through the ability to balance an eye for detail with big-picture perspective
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to create plans of action for projects and to follow-through to accomplish project tasks
- Self-starter comfortable with managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment with internal and external colleagues and contacts
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, including concise and effective
business writing and high-quality proofreading and editing
- Knowledge of iMIS, a content management system (CMS), HTML and CSS,
Google ads, Google Ad Manager and Google Analytics and, Adobe Illustrator,
Indesign and Photoshop is a plus
- Knowledge of the biochemistry/molecular biology fields also a plus
- Knowledge of HTML limitations/best practices for HTML email is strongly desired
- Periodic travel required
This is a full-time, exempt position. ASBMB offers exceptional benefits including professional development opportunities, 403-B retirement, medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, and free parking are offered.
This position is located in Rockville, Maryland and in walking distance to Metro and on major bus lines.
For more information and to apply, visit http://www.faseb.org/employment. Please send a cover letter and salary requirements with your resume.
To learn more about ASBMB, please visit www.asbmb.org
ASBMB is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.