Cash/Treasury Manager in Reston, VA.
Founded in 1936, the National Wildlife Federation has grown into America's largest and most trusted grassroots conservation organization with 53 state/territorial affiliates and more than six million members and supporters, including hunters, anglers, gardeners, birders, hikers, campers, paddlers, and outdoor enthusiasts of all ages and stripes. The mission of the National Wildlife Federation is to unite all Americans to ensure wildlife thrive in our rapidly changing world. We advance this mission through programming focused on conserving wildlife, restoring habitats and waterways, expanding outdoor opportunities, connecting children with nature, advancing environmental justice, and addressing the causes and consequences of climate change.
The National Wildlife Federation believes that in order to save wildlife and ourselves, we need to ensure that everyone in America has clean air and water, safe communities, easy and equitable access to the daily benefits of nature, and protection from the ravages of climate change. These basic needs, equally necessary and urgent for all people, are foundational to bringing the conservation movement and ethos into the 21st century.
To support our mission we are looking for a Cash/Treasury Manager to join our Finance team in Reston, VA. You will be responsible for all aspects of the National Wildlife Federation’s cash management activities while maintaining appropriate controls and a high degree of accuracy. You will play a key role in liquidity management, cash flow forecasting and reporting, as well as other core treasury responsibilities. Additionally, you will also perform ad-hoc projects, tasks and analysis to help support decisions, resolve issues or support other business needs related to cash management.
In this role you will:
- Monitor and manage daily cash position. Develop strategies to optimize cash position of the company and minimize opportunity losses related to idle cash.
- Predict cash requirements and cash position through analysis of budgetary needs and financial reports. Anticipate short-term borrowing needs and communicate them to senior management.
- Work with Program Managers and Controller to accurately forecast timing and amount of future cash flows (2 to 5-year projections).
- Prepare regular and ad hoc cash flow reports, and identifies and evaluates variances. Create dashboard for CFO.
- Develop investment and loan procedures by analyzing fund needs and surplus funds. Ensure compliance with line of credit requirements and manage LOC utilization.
- Ensure that best cash management practices are in place, including establishing, improving and implementing cash management and treasury processes and procedures.
- Provide support to the Controller and CFO regarding cash flow budget, reprojections, and reports needed for board committee updates and presentations.
- Commits to understanding dimensions of diversity, and continuously builds greater cultural awareness
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics. CTP preferred.
- 5 years of related accounting, cash management, and banking/investment experience, ideally in the not for profit industry.
- Excellent analytical skills and cash management/treasury knowledge.
- Ability to communicate financial concepts clearly and engage with diverse teams and groups as well as work independently.
- Attention to detail and ability to work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn the Infor CloudSuite Financial system.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and responsibilities to meet critical deadlines.
Further, in this position, your actions are expected to reflect the staff values of the National Wildlife Federation: collaboration, mindfulness, empowerment, inclusivity, and mission focus.
Compensation and Benefits:
The salary range for this position is $80,000 to $85,000, depending on experience.https://recruiting.ultipro.com/NAT1047NWF/JobBoard/1ca8346a-33cc-401d-90d9-d7f752fdfd7d/Opportunity/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=2bc6a1ad-6e77-4e63-ac9b-41cb2b907d95&sourceId=d89c8cf7-52a1-447c-8f18-20444eb55e8e
The National Wildlife Federation values work-life balance and a family-friendly atmosphere. Our paid time-off includes 3 weeks of vacation leave, open wellbeing leave, 10 paid holidays, 3 floating holidays, a week-long winter break, and additional leave options, per year. In addition, our benefits package includes medical, dental, and vision insurance, company paid life insurance, AD&D, short- and long-term disability, 16 weeks of paid FMLA leave, 403b retirement plan with employer matching and annual contribution, adoption benefits, and flexible work options including telecommuting, non-traditional work hours, and compressed work weeks. Applicants are invited to learn more about National Wildlife Federation’s benefits package at https://www.nwf.org/About-Us/Careers
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis via our application portal at: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/NAT1047NWF/JobBoard/1ca8346a-33cc-401d-90d9-d7f752fdfd7d/Opportunity/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=2bc6a1ad-6e77-4e63-ac9b-41cb2b907d95&sourceId=d89c8cf7-52a1-447c-8f18-20444eb55e8e
We strive to increase diversity, equity, inclusion and justice (DEIJ) in all elements of our work and with our partners to support the interdependent needs of wildlife and people in a rapidly changing world. We recruit, employ, train compensate, and promote regardless of race, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, genetic information, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are invited to learn more about National Wildlife Federation’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion at org/equity .
If you have a disability and require an accommodation or assistance with our online application process, please tell us how we can help by calling us at 703-438-6244.
The requirements listed in our job descriptions are guidelines, not hard and fast rules, and if you have 75% of the qualifications listed we encourage you to apply. Your experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work, which helps build the competencies, knowledge, and skills that translates directly to our openings. Applying gives you the opportunity to be considered.
If selected for this position, a background check will be conducted.