Public Affairs Specialist
The Office of Public Affairs for a renowned historical research non-profit is currently seeking an experienced Public Affairs Specialist. This is the perfect opportunity for candidates with demonstrated experience handling large-scale media inquiries and coverage, preparing logistics for news conferences and press events, and managing all of the in-between backend logistics. Ideal candidates have strong experience managing media relations, social media campaigns while ensuring strong brand consistency. experience writing promotional content, and handling high-profile events.
- Create special media reports following large-scale projects / initiatives and managing progress
- Develop strong working relationships with members of press and local media
- Manage content creation for materials, branding, and press communications
- Oversee logistics for press events and media conferences
- Secure international, national, and local media coverage for a broad range of events
- Coordinate publicity for high profile speakers and guests
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism, or related field
- 5-7+ years of demonstrated public relations experience
- Strong writing and editing skills, knowledge of AP style preferred
The Ford Agency is a recruiting firm based in the DC area. We represent a broad range of businesses and non-profits throughout the region. This position is an opening with our client.
To see more open positions available through The Ford Agency, please check out our website at www.ford-agency.com.
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to:
ATTN: Public Affairs Specialist
The Ford Agency, Inc.
1660 L Street, NW
Washington, DC 20036