HVAC Mechanic Journeyman – Mobile Service/Truck-Based
Job Title: HVAC Mechanic Journeyman – Mobile Service /Truck-Based
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Decca Development Corporation provides a comprehensive array of facilities management services in the Washington, DC metropolitan area. Decca Development Corporation is currently seeking a HVAC Mechanic – Journeyman to perform general HVAC service tasks for sites within our portfolio with our mobile response unit.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Services, maintains, calibrates, adjusts, inspects, diagnoses and repairs HVAC&R equipment including heating, ventilation, compressed air, air conditioning, and refrigeration equipment such as boilers, cooling towers, water chillers, pumps, freezers, refrigerators, air conveyance systems, gas heaters, and complex hydronic systems using direct digital or analog control devices and timing switches
- Monitors and adjusts levels of fluids/gasses in HVAC&R filters, lines, valves, and control components
- Provides assistance in installing, maintaining, and repairing water heaters, pumps, generators, compressors, steam lines, water lines, gas lines, VAV boxes, self-contained water source head pumps and garage supply exhaust fans
- Modifies existing heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments
- Repairs electrical appliances and broken fixtures
- Conducts facility and machinery inspections
- Tasks involve physical effort, i.e. frequent standing and walking, or frequent light lifting (up to 60 lb.); manual dexterity in the use of fingers, limbs, or body in the operation of cleaning supplies and equipment. Occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel or crawl or standing for extended periods of time while standing.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- 5+ years of experience operating in a facility with similar characteristics and job functions.
- Previous experience with identifying or troubleshooting system problems and reading plans or blueprints.
- Valid DC HVAC Journeyman License required.
- Universal CFC Certifications preferred.
- Knowledge of pneumatic/DDC control system application and calibration, and operational requirements of HVAC systems
- Ability to prioritize work requests and work orders according to departmental needs
- Working understanding of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail
- Flexibility in a fast paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of individuals representing diverse cultures and backgrounds and function calmly in stressful situations, which require a high degree of sensitivity, tact and diplomacy
- Ability to provide prompt, efficient and responsive service
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume.
Decca Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.