Founded in 1951, Amideast is a leading American nonprofit organization engaged in international education, training, and development activities in the Middle East and North Africa. We believe that self-forged, fulfilled lives lead to understanding, mutual respect, and a more peaceful, productive world. We also pride ourselves in providing 40+ days of paid leave and a great 401k with 6% matching.
Working with other members of the Business Development team, the Pricing Specialist is responsible for supporting the budget development as well as ongoing budget review and approval. Priority of tasks is determined based on deadline requirements. The position reports to the Pricing Manager.
- Assist with the budget approvals process for field office budgets, including reviews of budgets for math/formula checks, verification of costs, rate application, etc.
- Prepare, revise, and/or review multiple proposal budgets, including partner budgets, in an efficient and timely manner
- Review and revise pipeline budgets for program modifications, amendments, and extensions
- Compile financial data and reports to assist in the development and review of budgets
- Develop detailed cost notes for budgets in compliance with the solicitation
- Develop and/or modify budget templates in response to clients’ needs and specifications
- Assist in ensuring headquarters, regional, and country support costs are appropriately represented within each budget submission
- Ensure completion and accuracy of costs and certification related proposal forms for client submission
- Support any business development efforts to ensure quality and timely submissions
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Other duties and responsibilities as needed/assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field
- Minimum of one (1) to three (3) years of experience in proposal budget development
- Experience responding to proposals, solicitations, grants from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department of State (DoS), foundations, and commercial organizations
- Fluency in English language
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Proactive, self-directing work approach; high attention to detail
- Strong communication, writing and organizational skills
- Ability to work within deadlines and frequently shifting priorities
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and assertive and professional demeanor
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fluid team environment with all levels of staff in all units of the organization
- Computer literacy, internet affinity, and advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks, organize large projects
- Experience in price and cost analysis utilizing commercial and FAR-based principles/techniques
- Strong analytical and statistical skills in the analysis of price and cost
- Interest in International Education, Training, Exchange, and Diplomacy programs
- Fluency or familiarity with foreign languages – Arabic or French preferred
- Flexibility to work overlapping hours with teams and candidates located in different time zones
The incumbent in this position will work in a professional office environment and will utilize the following equipment when working from the corporate office or remote home office (temporarily due to COVID-19).
- Computer (laptop or desktop)
- Other (Specify if any)
The physical demands and work environment that have been described is representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
This position description is an overview of the major functions and requirements of this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of the position; the Employee’s Manager may assign other duties as related or as otherwise deemed appropriate and necessary within the general scope, without the need for additional compensation.
Up to 5% business travel may be needed to support business development proposals as needed.
Please provide a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to http://jobs.amideast.org
AMIDEAST is an Equal Opportunity Employer-Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation