Temporary Manager on Duty-Recreation Leader III
Temporary Recreation Leader III - Manager on Duty
In pursuit of service excellence, the Temporary Recreation Leader III - Manager on Duty supervises operations at peak times at recreation centers and facilities.
What You Should Bring
Each member of our team is accountable for the outstanding delivery of services to the community. You should possess leadership skills and experience; be familiar with a recreation environment; have the ability to speak, read, and write in English - however, being bilingual is a plus; possess excellent multi-tasking skills and attention to detail; possess knowledge of customer service; possess good communication skills; have the ability to perform basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division and handle cash; possess good knowledge of and ability to use computers and complex software programs; have knowledge of how to operate a desk telephone; enjoy working with people; be at least 18 years old; be able to work indoors or outdoors in loud environments with varying weather conditions; be able to life and carry items up to 40 lbs.; and be available to work varying shifts including early mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Supervises Recreation Leader I’s, Recreation Leader II’s, and volunteers during assigned shift.
- Ensures that all activities in the center are running on time, safely, and enjoyably.
- Explains and enforces policies and procedures.
- Provides exceptional customer experiences to all patrons in person and on the phone.
- Resolves customer service challenges.
- Provides guidance, training, and support to staff during shift.
- Operates a point of sale computer and follows cash handling policies and procedures.
- Provides information to the public in a positive and professional matter.
- Records attendance and logs issues.
- Performs light cleaning.
- Works in a fast-paced environment.
- Effectively communicates with teammates.
- Works independently, and reports to a full-time Recreation Coordinator or Recreation Manager.
- This is a temporary position with varied hours per week.
- May work early mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends, and holidays. Availability to work some evenings and weekends is required.
- Performs related work as required.
About the Department
The mission of Recreation, Parks & Cultural Activities is to enrich the City of Alexandria by creating meaningful experiences through public spaces, cultural activities, and programming. The Department’s vision is to improve the well-being of every person in our community by connecting them to each other and their environment. The Department of Recreation, Parks and Cultural Activities received national accreditation from the Commission for Accreditation of Park and Recreation Agencies (CAPRA). National accreditation requires park and recreation agencies to meet 155 standards representing elements of effective and efficient park and recreation operations.
Minimum & Additional Requirements
Minimum: High School Diploma and year one (1) year of related experience or any equivalent combination of experience as a Recreation Leader I. First Aid training.
6 months’ work or volunteer experience supervising staff or volunteers; available to work varying shifts including early mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends and holidays; able to work with long periods of speaking, sitting, standing, and exposure to a loud, fast-paced, indoor or outdoor environment with varying weather; possess a valid pool operator’s license. Bilingual (Spanish or Amharic) preferred.
This position requires successful completion of a criminal records background check and drug screening prior to employment.
Applications will be reviewed regularly, and candidates will be selected for interviews based upon the need for the position.