Fairfax Public Access, a non-profit community media station that serves Fairfax County, is looking to hire part-time employees for our Production Department. This is an entry-level position. No calls about this position.
Title: Technical Advisor
Reports To: Equipment Room Supervisor and Director of Production
Position Overview: Part-time production technician to work in our Equipment Room. Weekend availability and schedule flexibility is a must.
- Equipment troubleshooting
-Member assistance with studio/field equipment and post production
-Facility supervision for general building maintenance
-Following Covid 19 Precautionary Procedures
- Scheduling facility and field equipment
- Assist in facility readiness
- Process payments for media, training classes and membership fees
- Set construction
- Studio camera work and floor directing
· Customer service skills
- Adobe Premiere. There may be additional hours available helping with editing.
Studio camera experience
The position may require lifting equipment of more than 50 lbs, bending, kneeling, climbing ladders and stairs.
Sunday Afternoons 1:30pm - 8:30pm and some Mondays either from 12 - 4pm or
3 - 7pm
$12.00 per hour with an increase to $15.00 per hour after a successful 90-day trial period.