Project Manager, Quality Innovation
The Project Manager will manage projects within National Quality Forum related to convening healthcare stakeholders to address quality measurement and implementation challenges, and national healthcare priorities. The Project Manager will work closely with project teams and stakeholders to ensure that all project timelines and deliverables are within scope, on time, and within budget. The person in this role is responsible for day-to-day aspects of project management, including managing budgets, resource and labor hour utilization, timelines, and deliverables. They are responsible for creating project plans, tracking, monitoring, and reporting on project status and budget, managing risks, and working with project staff to ensure successful completion of projects. They utilize and may develop project management processes and tools for successful project completion. Incumbents may take on a more external role in project work to include observing business development calls, assisting with contract management, or supervising staff.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create comprehensive project plans and timelines to support projects throughout the project management lifecycle.
- Oversee project tasks, budgets, timelines, and resources necessary to ensure the project stays within scope, on time, and within project budget.
- Conduct risk assessments to identify potential risks and devise contingency plans accordingly in consultation with senior staff.
- Proactively engage teams/stakeholders in project task priority setting and implementation.
- Develop and deliver progress reports and presentations to senior management on project progress.
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of standardized operational and project management processes, tools, plans, and templates.
- May participate in development of staff training related to standard project management processes.
- Ensure compliance with project and department standards and procedures.
- Facilitate startup and closeout activities for assigned projects.
- Mentor and support junior staff.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS Education/Certification:
Bachelor’s degree with minimum 5 years’ relevant work experience or master’s degree with minimum 3 years’ relevant work experience; PMP or other project management certification strongly desired.
Lean Six Sigma certification an asset.
- Demonstrated success in project management, including managing multiple projects across programs and/or departments
- Demonstrated experience in managing projects throughout all phases in the project management lifecycle
- Familiarity with a variety of project management tools, practices, and procedures
- Experience with Smartsheet software a plus
Experience generating and delivering effective metrics and status reports
- Thorough understanding of standard project management best practices, phases, techniques, and tools
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficiency in product or program planning and tracking, including contributing to budget development and monitoring financial reports, utilization reports, and timelines
- Ability to update, alert, and guide staff in completing tasks according to timeline and budget
- Proficiency with independently identifying and escalating project risks
- Proficiency to identify, clarify, and build in contractual requirements and departmental/ organizational processes into project plans
- Proven ability to anticipate challenges and apply well-informed solutions and process improvements at the project, product, or program team level
- Comfort with ambiguity while designing process improvements and proficiency with embracing change and adjusting priorities, processes, or project management approach as needs dictate
- Facilitation of collaboration needed to achieve individual and team tasks and projects
- Proficiency with presentation and communication skills, including meeting facilitation skills and leading portions of external calls or meetings
- Demonstrated proficiency to support, collaborate, train, and lead other colleagues to complete tasks, as well as formal and informal leadership across an organization, promoting teamwork
- Mastery in MS Office Suite
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
In the primary environment, the noise level is quiet to moderate with ambient room temperatures, lighting, and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
NQF embraces a culture of excellence through multi-stakeholder collaboration. We encourage and empower each employee to prioritize learning and growing by providing them the resources to deliver excellence. At NQF, you will find a fast-paced, challenging, inspiring and rewarding career. Maximize your talent and join a team committed to setting high standards for better healthcare efficacy and delivery.
NQF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/V/D are encouraged to apply.