Analyst - Operations
MAXIMUS, Inc. in Reston, VA
Analyst - Operations
I: Essential Job Functions:
- Provide statistical analysis of business issues involving health benefits and insurance administration.
- Conduct operational analyses in order to provide project management with insight into business performance, changing operational environments, and site-specific reporting platforms.
- Develop and maintain operational forecasts to health care administration resources under a variety of intake volumes, and conditions using data/statistical analysis, simulation modeling and other mathematical methods.
- Perform capacity planning simulations using Arena software to determine the staffing level required.
- Evaluate and monitoring contract performance and preparing analysis reports on market conditions; approving and rejecting requests for deviations from contract specifications and delivery schedules.
- Creating, analyzing, and tracking quarterly operations forecasts
- Selecting appropriate techniques for quantitative and qualitative analysis, collecting the data, and interpreting it.
- Interpret quantitative data and design statistical models for researching business problems.
- Conduct peer code review of VBA Applications as well as write, publish and present tools, environment and computer systems training information for customers and coworkers.
- Prepare reports and deliver findings to business management using data visualization techniques that illustrate findings and make them comprehensible for decision making.
- Perform data validation to ensure data accuracy and to understand and report on data discrepancies.
- Collaborate with Operations Research and Business Analyst teams to provide expertise in analysis methodologies, data values, and semantics.
- Assist the business with the implementation of new end user processes as well as internal support processes in order to streamline, standardize and create increased efficiency; assists in implementing new software and technologies to meet business needs
II: Experience or Qualifications Required:
- 3 years’ experience, conducting financial and operational analyses related to budgeting, contracting, project planning and management processes, 2 years of which involved health care and benefits administration.
- Experience with:
- Formulating mathematical or simulation models;
- Labor productivity analysis;
- Conducting analyses and overseeing administrative operations related to budgeting, contracting, project planning and management processes.
- Knowledge of and Experience with:
- MS Excel, Access and VBA/Macro in Microsoft Office.
- Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), Transaction-SQL (T-SQL), and SQL.
- PowerPivot, and Power Query M language
- Oracle Database
III: Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Science, or a closely related field
To apply for this position, please forward your resume and cover letter to CelaniMDominguez@maximus.com with the "Analyst – Operations (VA)" position in the subject line. No telephone calls, please.
MAXIMUS, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.