PROJECT ENGINEER (CAPITAL CONSTRUCTION)
Loudoun Water is a public utility that provides water and wastewater service to more than 300,000 customers in Loudoun County, VA, one of the fastest growing counties in the country. Our Broad Run Water Reclamation Facility is one of the most advanced wastewater treatment plants in the country. We have a water reuse program that is the largest and most progressive in Virginia. Our Potomac Water Supply Program includes the new Trap Rock water treatment plant and will include retired rock quarries for water storage.
Loudoun Water has an immediate opening for a Project Engineer in its Capital Construction Department, which manages the construction of Loudoun Water’s capital improvements projects. Project management includes technical oversight and administrative management of project scope, budget, and schedule. Essential functions include:
- Managing the construction of various water, wastewater, and reclaimed water infrastructure projects to ensure contract compliance;
- Developing and managing project budgets;
- Tracking the contractor’s performance against the project schedule;
- Providing review of project designs for constructability;
- Managing third party construction-phase services contracts;
- Coordinating with construction inspectors, and internal and external stakeholders;
- Leading the project testing, startup, and commissioning phases; and
- Coordinating with regulatory agencies for project approvals.
We are looking for a highly-motivated self starter with an eye for quality, a “can-do” attitude, and excellent technical and communication skills. We offer highly competitive salaries, a stable work environment, and excellent employee benefits.
Requirements: BS degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Construction Engineering, Construction Management, or related field and 8-10 years (or more) of progressively responsible experience, including construction experience on water and wastewater facilities and infrastructure. An MS degree related to work may be applied towards the experience requirements. Registration as a Professional Engineer in Virginia is desirable.
Apply online at www.loudounwater.org. Salary DOQ. Position will remain open until filled. EOE