Editor - Education Technology Content
Manifest is a proudly independent content marketing agency, with honors that include Content Marketing Agency of the Year, and one of the Best and Brightest Companies to work for in the nation. We are looking to hire an Editor of Education Technology content for one of our largest and fastest growing accounts – a Fortune 200 company, whose accolades include Content Marketing Program of the Year. In this role, you’ll write and edit B2B technology content for the Higher Education sector, collaborating with a smart and dedicated content marketing team at Manifest for one of the largest technology solutions and services providers in the country. You’ll take ownership and leadership responsibilities for the audience you build and nurture within your segment and also work with the clients as projects require and pitch directly to them. This role is based in Washington, D.C.
- Lead editorial and messaging direction for higher ed vertical
- In keeping with client brand parameters, own editorial calendar development, content creation and content editing on a variety of content projects.
- Hone and develop multidiscipline marketing and content campaigns across multiple channels.
- Collaborate with analytics, audience engagement and performance marketing to support content strategy with data-driven creative ideas.
- Assign stories to and work closely with freelance writers as needed.
- Attend and cover industry events as needed
- 6+ years of experience as a journalist and/or editor.
- Experience in content marketing strongly preferred.
- Sharp writing and editing skills and ability to craft compelling narrative.
- Experience with content management systems, HTML and CSS.
- Meticulous attention to detail and deadlines.
- Experience writing/editing about technology and/or education strongly preferred.
- On-camera video experience a plus.
- Experience working with customers or clients a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
What We Do
At Manifest, we build businesses and brands by delivering unmistakable content in just the right context. Diversity of Thought is the Intelligence that Creates the Stories that Work. At Manifest, we simply hire the best. The “best” have opinions, they have a voice that needs to be heard, and they also know enough to know that they do not know everything. Which is why at Manifest, we embrace “different.” Different backgrounds, different experiences, differing opinions, discussion and productive debate. It is through embracing our differences that our greatest work is achieved. Our commitment to inclusion across race, gender, gender identity or expression, age, religion, identity, disability status, sexual orientation, national origin and experience is what has powered us thus far, and it is what will ensure we stay Unmistakable. Manifest is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.