Content Manager, Education Programs
The Association for Molecular Pathology (AMP) was founded in 1995 to provide structure and leadership to the emerging field of molecular diagnostics. AMP's 2,500+ members include individuals from academic and community medical centers, government, and industry; including pathologist and doctoral scientist laboratory directors; basic and translational scientists; technologists; and trainees.
AMP is seeking a Content Manager, Education Programs. This is an ideal opportunity for someone with experience in design of online education and familiarity with healthcare or life sciences to join a very collegial, fast-paced, team environment. AMP staff are highly self-motivated, enthusiastic, and committed to excellence. The AMP Content Manager, Education Programs will work with subject matter experts to develop educational material for multiple and diverse education programs to benefit the membership and other audiences in our efforts to improve patient care. Reports to the Director, Education Programs.
- Designs, implements, manages, and administers educational programs, “live” and digital, to enhance the professional development of the members and other identified audiences globally.
- Researches education needs, identifies gaps in knowledge and professional practice, recommends topics for prioritization, and creates learning objectives.
- Works with subject matter experts (e.g., committee volunteers or course directors) to develop educational program content.
- Provides instructional design strategy in the development and production process, as well as designs assessments to measure learning.
- Manages the AMP Learning Management System (AMPEDTM) including creating and designing courses, organizing, and maintaining the site, and addressing end-user questions.
- Stays current on educational best practices and online learning technologies.
- Evaluates, administers updates to, and benchmarks all education programs other than the annual meeting.
- Manages and analyzes data for various educational projects.
- Manages and coordinates webinars as assigned.
- Ensures that online programs comply with continuing education (CME) policies and assists program manager with data acquisition/analysis for CME reports.
- Ensures program alignment with AMP education policies and best practices in current adult education and digital learning.
- Provides necessary content to assist marketing & communications.
- Responsibilities may be modified at any time to fulfill organizational requirements.
SKILLS REQUIRED, in addition to those necessary to accomplish Responsibilities:
- Strong project management skills with the ability to prioritize and accomplish multiple complex to simple projects (both large- and small-scale); meet multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance program effectiveness.
- Ability to identify issues and potential impacts of circumstances on a project; recommend and implement solutions.
- Highly organized, including excellent time management and decision-making ability.
- Flexible and highly adaptable to take on new or change priorities.
- Excellent English communication skills, including for written scientific educational material.
- Strong interpersonal skills to relate to different people with a variety of backgrounds, personalities, and learning styles; establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally and maintain a courteous demeanor when under pressure.
- Knowledge of best practices in adult learning and education, both in online learning environments and in live settings, a plus.
- Excellent data analysis and data management skills
- Highly comfortable with learning new technology and software.
- General office and technical skills, including, but not limited to:
- High level of comfort with computer and/or web-based software applications
- Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Adobe products (PDF file management)
- Online survey software (e.g., SurveyMonkey or Google forms)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A college/graduate degree, in the life sciences a plus. Extensive relevant experience may substitute for this education requirement.
- Experience in a molecular laboratory, a plus.
- Experience in online instructional design or creating educational content for adult learners.
- Experience with online learning management systems, particularly Web Courseworks, a plus.
- Experience in webinar platforms, particularly Go to Webinar, a plus.
- Experience in training adults (students or professionals), in live and/or virtual environments, as an instructor or as technical support on a sales team, a plus.
- Experience with educational program evaluation and assessment, a plus.
- Experience in CME/CE content program development and processing, a plus.
- Sitting/standing for a full workday, and at times for longer.
- Extensive use of a computer.
- Move throughout and between various offices and meeting locations (hotels and convention centers). Routinely lift objects less than 10 lbs.; occasionally lift objects up to 25 lbs.
- Work is primarily performed in the AMP office. Telecommuting up to two days a week may be granted after a planned transition period (typically one year) but is not guaranteed.
- Work may also be required in a venue such as a hotel or other organization’s meeting room, conference, or convention space; possible inclusion of the occasional weekend.
- Overnight travel to the annual meeting (up to 7 consecutive days) required; possible overnight travel to 1-2 other meetings (typically 2-3 consecutive days); inclusion of weekends may be involved.
This is a full-time, exempt position. AMP offers competitive salary and excellent benefits, including 403(b) retirement with employer contributions, insurance (medical, dental, vision, life, short- and long-term disability), free parking, and professional development opportunities.
The AMP office is conveniently located in Rockville, Maryland and is walking distance to Metro and major bus/shuttle lines.
During the pandemic, our team has been working remotely, but we will return to AMP’s Rockville-based office after Labor Day 2021.
For more information and to apply, visit http://www.faseb.org/employment. Please upload your CV, a cover letter that addresses elements of this job description, and salary requirements.
For information on the Association for Molecular Pathology (AMP), please visit: https://www.amp.org/
AMP is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.