Talent Acquisition Specialist
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Amideast is the leading American non-governmental organization engaged in international education, training, and development activities in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA). Founded in 1951, Amideast focuses on promoting U.S. education study to students located in the MENA region and managing U.S. scholarships and exchanges such as the flagship Fulbright Foreign Student Program.
The Talent Acquisition Specialist is responsible for sourcing qualified candidates domestically (US) and internationally for corporate openings, ongoing programs, new business/proposals, and providing general recruitment administration. The Talent Acquisition Specialist will report to Senior Director of Human Resources and work within the Headquarters Human Resources team and will also support recruitment efforts with Country Directors, overseas field offices, and Business Development as required. The Talent Acquisition Specialist will be responsible for developing sourcing strategies to create and maintain talent pools, outreach strategy, and candidate engagement. S/he will also be tasked with full employment life-cycle Human Resources activities including onboarding, offboarding, and other related human resources and staffing needs.
- Source candidates for Headquarters and field office positions (international expatriates and local candidates)
- Gather information on and coordinate job advertising for staff in relevant countries and assist in writing job descriptions and postings
- Provide a smooth and seamless candidate experience
- Support proactive sourcing and recruitment for personnel
- Maintain job postings on corporate applicant tracking system, Company website, and other internal and external posting sites to keep job postings up-to-date, closing filled positions, tracking applications, registering new candidates, and uploading relevant documentation
- Identify potential candidates through databases, contacts/networks, Internet, publications, and cold calls
- Conduct initial screening interviews with candidates and provide summary reports to hiring managers or teams
- Schedule interviews for candidates and interview teams, ensure the process moves along in a timely manner
- Help maintain recruitment folders and documents
- Actively participate in internal discussions and initiatives to augment Amideast’s recruitment processes, systems, policies, procedures, and tools
- Conduct reference checks for potential candidates and manage verification and supporting documents
- Actively engage in efforts to improve Amideast’s network of consultants, alumni, and candidates by finding new CVs to consultant database, conducting informational interviews, etc.
- Develop and conduct training for recruitment and other HR activities
- Coordinate onboarding activities and conduct new hire orientation
- Support offboarding administration for exiting employees
- Oversee the Washington, DC internship program
- Demonstrate to candidates and potential candidates a positive reflection of our brand and culture
- Provides timely reports on open requisitions, time to fill, and updates to management and hiring teams
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience with online networking tools, such as LinkedIn and experience conducting searches on recruitment databases required
- Must have a strong orientation to client satisfaction, an ability to foster productive team relationships
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and assertive and professional demeanor
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fluid team environment with all levels of staff in all units of the Company
- Computer literacy, social media, database, and internet affinity
- Ability to prioritize tasks, organize large projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Communications, International Relations, and/or Social Sciences in a related field
- Minimum of three (3) years in professional experience in a similar role
- Familiarity with Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) or Applicant tracking systems (ATS)
- Fluency in English language
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Interest in International Education, Training, Exchange, and Diplomacy programs
- Fluency or familiarity with foreign languages – Arabic or French preferred
- Experience with PDS Vista HRIS/ATS
- Flexibility to work overlapping hours with teams and candidates located in different time zones
The incumbent in this position will work in a professional office environment and will utilize the following equipment when working from the corporate office or remote home office (temporarily due to COVID-19).
- Computer (laptop or desktop)
- Other (Specify if any)
The physical demands and work environment that have been described is representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
This position description is an overview of the major functions and requirements of this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of the position; the Employee’s Manager may assign other duties as related or as otherwise deemed appropriate and necessary within the general scope, without the need for additional compensation.
Up to 5% business travel may be needed to support career fairs, networking events, and business development talent acquisition as needed.
Please provide a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to http://jobs.amideast.org
Amideast is an Equal Opportunity Employer-Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation