Accounts Payable Specialist I
3 days left
- Full Time
Fairfax Water has an immediate opening for an Accounts Payable Specialist I. This position Under general supervision of the General Accounting Supervisor, performs the day to day processing of accounts payable transactions for Fairfax Water.
Essential functions include:
- Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation and distributes them as necessary for authorization and coding.
- Reviews account codes assigned by departments and approval signatures for authenticity.
- Matches invoices to receiving reports within the Accounts Payable System (SAP).
- Scans, enters, and attaches all invoices into the Accounts Payable System (SAP) and audits to ensure the correct amount is paid.
- Prioritizes invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms.
- Maintains a file, organized alphabetically, of invoices ready for payment.
- Prepares vendor checks for mailing and/or ACH electronic payments.
- Files paid invoices, organized by date, for future reference.
- Performs vendor analysis, monitors vendor statements and resolves discrepancies.
- Secures profile information for new vendors including IRS W-9 data.
- Assists with internal and external vendor inquiries.
- Ensures compliance with accounts payable policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Graduation from high school or GED supplemented by accounting or bookkeeping courses, and a minimum of two years related accounts payable experience, or any equivalent combination of education, experience and knowledge. Basic knowledge of accounting principles. Must have good organizational skills and attention to details. Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations with a high degree of accuracy. Ability to work accurately and calmly in meeting deadlines. Strong verbal communication skills and the ability to write clearly. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and vendors.
Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. SAP software experience preferred.
Must pass a controlled substance (drug) test for employment.
About Fairfax Water
Fairfax Water is a respected leader in the drinking water industry, supplying drinking water to nearly two million people in the communities of Fairfax, Loudoun, Prince William, Herndon, Vienna, Alexandria, Falls Church, and Fairfax City. We are Virginia’s largest water utility and one of the 25 largest water utilities in the country, serving one of every five Virginians who obtain their water from public utilities. We aim to uphold customer trust by providing water of exceptional quality and reliability at a reasonable price, supporting the high quality of life and economic vitality of Northern Virginia.
To review the full requirements for the position please go to our website at www.fairfaxwater.org and apply online. Fairfax Water offers competitive salaries as well as a comprehensive benefits package, including excellent health insurance, tuition reimbursement, flexible spending accounts, and a defined benefit retirement plan.