Senior Campaign Operations Specialist
At The Chronicle you’ll find a smart, creative team who loves working together. We’re passionate, take pride in our work, and love a good challenge. Sound like you?
The Chronicle is seeking a strong, well-rounded Campaign Operations Specialist, which is an essential role in our fast-paced Marketing Operations team. You will be responsible for campaign creation and execution in our marketing automation platform (Marketo). Deep understanding of email campaign best practices is necessary. The Campaign Operations Specialist will partner with marketing and other teams to drive efficient and accurate campaign execution, monitor email timing, metrics and continuously provide recommendations to drive highly targeted emails to the appropriate audiences. You will also support the Senior Marketing Operations Manager in the day-to-day operations of The Chronicle’s marketing automation system.What you’ll do:
- Oversee the production and deployment of all marketing emails; including, but not limited to, email and landing page set-up, segmentation, scheduling, a/b and multivariate testing, and deployment. This includes one-time, recurring, triggered, and dynamic content campaigns.
- Develop and optimize email nurture campaigns, such as welcome series for new contacts and reengagement campaigns for inactive users, to grow a healthy database.
- Manage cross-departmental email marketing calendar daily to ensure delivery of all business emails, proactively raise concerns, and work with teams to resolve conflicts.
- Provide database and campaign-specific reporting and analysis for all email marketing campaigns to leadership and stakeholders.
- Manage marketing data, by maintaining healthy email marketing lists, partnering across teams to identify target audience segments for various teams.
- Ensure compliance with the Chronicle’s unsubscribe process and maintain excellent email deliverability and reputation scores, as well as compliance with country and state laws pertaining to user data and permissions, including CAN-SPAM, CASL, and CCPA.
- Stay updated on trends, industry best practices, technologies and growth opportunities to ensure a best-in-class email-marketing program.
- Support Senior Manager in the day-to-day operations of marketing automation system, including, but not limited to troubleshooting technical problems, creating new Marketo users, and managing onboarding and training on email best practices.
What you bring:
- A positive, upbeat, and can-do professional, with a responsible attitude and ability to work in a matrixed team environment.
- Experience with campaign setup, audience segmentation using "and/or" statement clauses, email deployment, HTML editing, delivery monitoring and reporting.
- Knowledge of email marketing and landing page best practices is required; advanced experience with Marketo email and landing page template design and basic HTML knowledge.
- A solid understanding and interest in modern email design and trends.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use data to back up assumptions and assess the success of marketing programs.
- Proven project management and prioritization skills.
- Passionate about processes, automation, and information systems.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in an email marketing or operations role using a marketing automation platform such as Marketo, Hubspot or Eloqua.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or equivalent field of study is preferred.
Marketo Certified Expert is a plus.
- Knowledge/awareness of the higher education and nonprofit industries is a plus, but not required.
How to Apply: To apply, send a résumé and salary requirements to email@example.com with “Senior Campaign Operations Specialist” in the subject line.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, The Chronicle of Higher Education took appropriate measures to ensure the safety of all staff members. Thus, we are working remotely during this time. The safety, health, and wellbeing of our staff are of the utmost importance to us. This role is currently 100% remote during the COVID-19 pandemic. Once it is safe to return to the office, this role will be based in our Washington, DC office.