Undergraduate Education Coordinator
The American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (ASBMB) is an international nonprofit scientific and educational organization. With over 9,000 members, made up of students, researchers, educators, and industry professionals, the ASBMB is one of the largest molecular life science societies in the world.
ASBMB is seeking an Undergraduate Education Coordinator to support and expand our efforts in promoting and improving biochemistry and molecular biology (BMB) education at the undergraduate level through the Student Chapters program, degree program accreditation, degree certification exam and related activities.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Under the guidance of the department director, the Undergraduate Education Coordinator will be responsible for the following:
- Serve as staff liaison to the Student Chapters Committee
- Provide regular administrative support to the Student Chapters program, including but not limited to preparing regular communication to chapter members, coordinating undergraduate awards and grants, and recruiting new chapters
- Collaborate with the Outreach and Education Coordinator to implement the Student Chapters Outreach Seed Grant program
- Oversee logistics and implementation of the annual Undergraduate Poster Competition (UGPC) at the Society’s Annual Meeting as well as the associated graduate school fair and Exploring Careers event
- Coordinate annual review of degree program accreditation applications
- Coordinate development, administration and scoring of the annual degree certification exam
- Collaborate with the department director and Student Chapters Committee to develop new initiatives to support professional development of undergraduate faculty
- Develop content related to the department’s programs for the Society’s website, member magazine, and marketing efforts
- Maintain student chapter program resources on the Society’s website
- Assist with the management of student chapters events at the Society’s Annual Meeting
- Provide support to the department director as needed
- Attend events as assigned by the department director (minimal travel)
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences preferred
- 1 - 2 years relevant work experience
- Prior experience at a non-profit scientific or higher education organization and/or working with volunteers preferred
- Proficiency with MS Office and web development tools
- Familiarity with social media platforms a plus
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to be flexible and work creatively as part of a team or autonomously
This is a full-time, exempt position. ASBMB offers exceptional benefits including professional development opportunities, 403-B retirement, medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, and free parking are offered.
This position is located in Rockville, Maryland and in walking distance to Metro and on major bus lines.
For more information and to apply, visit http://www.faseb.org/employment. Please send a cover letter and salary requirements with your resume.
To learn more about ASBMB, please visit www.asbmb.org.
ASBMB is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.