Director Digital Engagement
NCTA has an exceptional work environment with great benefits!
This position normally operates in a professional office environment. However, remote work may take place due to COVID-19 and any other pandemic or for any reason as determined by NCTA’s CEO.
NCTA seeks a creative leader who can develop and implement a comprehensive strategy to create and promote a variety of content across NCTA’s digital and social media platforms in support of NCTA’s advocacy mission. This individual should be able to strategically assess and understand digital media and trends, including gauging opportunities and risks for engagement, and utilize analytics to optimize NCTA’s digital presence. The Director, Digital Engagement will work closely with NCTA’s senior leadership to maintain a proactive, consistent and credible online presence.
Primary Job Duties/Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement online advocacy strategies, and execute plans to grow and leverage social media audiences, email lists, and website traffic to reach NCTA’s target audiences, including NCTA’s digital grassroots community, Beyond.
- Oversee and contribute to the management and production of a variety of content for NCTAʼs digital and social media platforms as both a team leader and team contributor.
- Develop ideas for creative content (articles, infographics, videos, etc.) that can communicate complicated policy issues to a general audience.
- Regularly evaluate digital and SEO strategies and tactics to ensure they align with the organization’s strategy and policy objectives.
- Measure and optimize our digital platforms to maximize impact and expand our digital footprint, including generating ideas to increase online engagement, grow current base of advocates, and create new mobilization tactics.
- Assist with management of digital editorial calendar for all of NCTA’s brands, including the distribution of advocacy content such as emails, new web content and social media.
- Build digital advertising plans to promote NCTA content via search, social media and other media.
- Assist with management of Salesforce and Salesforce Marketing Cloud in coordination with the digital advocacy team.
- Manage timelines, budgets and resources in a timely and efficient manner.
- Utilize social listening and analytics tools to generate insights.
Qualifications & Experience:
- At least 7 years of experience managing digital content and social media platforms for campaigns, brands or businesses.
- Proven success developing and implementing tactical plans that build and nurture online stakeholders.
- Experience establishing digital metrics, developing insights and recommending strategies that achieve specific goals.
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills, as well as project management and organizational skills.
- Passion for and experience with managing social media presences and an interest in the latest trends.
- Creative thinker with ability to translate ideas into written and visual storytelling.
- Demonstrated ability to develop messaging that best represents the organization’s voice and tone online.
- Very high attention to detail and strong interpersonal skills.
- Analytical skills, comfortable working with, interpreting and presenting data, as well as the ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format.
- Bachelor’s degree in liberal arts or communications, marketing, advertising, public relations and/or related fields.
- Experience using Word Press, Drupal, HTML and web content management systems.
- Experience using Salesforce, Salesforce Marketing Cloud and other email marketing software.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency in Google Analytics and other social media insights and analytic tools.
- Basic video and photo editing skills, including Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines.
Only applicants who submit a cover letter and resume will be considered.