Diversity, Equity, Accessibility, and Inclusion (DEAI) Program Coordinator
Founded in 1912, the Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology (FASEB) is the nation’s largest coalition of biomedical researchers, representing 29 scientific societies and over 130,000 individual researchers from around the world. FASEB is now recognized as the voice of advocacy for biological and biomedical research scientists.
FASEB is seeking a Diversity, Equity, Accessibility, and Inclusion (DEAI) Program Coordinator to support efforts to increase DEAI in the biological and biomedical research communities.
Primary Function: Supports the DEAI Program Manager in the development, implementation, and administration of programs to foster DEAI in the biological and biomedical research communities. Coordinates communications about FASEB DEAI programs to a variety of audiences, including program participants, volunteer leaders, member society staff, and other external stakeholders.
- Assists with the development of internal and external DEAI events, including webinars, workshops, and symposia.
- Develops tools to track engagement of DEAI program participants and evaluate outcomes.
- Manages the DEAI Committee and DEAI Program Subcommittees, including coordination of meeting logistics and reports.
- Maintains a central repository of DEAI resources for FASEB and member society staff.
- Proactively builds relationships with FASEB’s member societies through the dissemination of tools and resources to assist DEAI counterparts.
- Supports internal employee resource group with the development of programs and activities to advance DEAI efforts within the organization.
- Contributes to the development of creative content for FASEB’s website and social media platforms, including but not limited to writing articles and conducting member interviews to commemorate various recognition months throughout the year.
- Assists with staying abreast of challenges and best practices in DEAI in the biomedical research community, including attending webinars and conferences as needed.
- Maintains organizational calendar with all DEAI events and activities.
- Demonstrated experience with program and/or event planning from ideation to execution.
- Experience working on DEAI programs and/or initiatives with proven success at driving positive change in an organization.
- Familiarity with DEAI issues in STEM disciplines, particularly biological and biomedical sciences, is a plus.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects with minimal oversight in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to connect with volunteers and employees of all levels and quickly identify their needs.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and process driven.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Teams
Education and Experience:
- Associate or bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- 1 - 3 years’ work experience
- Demonstrated passion for DEAI; Diversity and Inclusion Certificate preferred
This is a full-time, exempt position. FASEB offers exceptional benefits including professional development opportunities, 403-B retirement, medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, and free parking are offered.
This position is located in Rockville, Maryland and in walking distance to Metro and on major bus lines.
FASEB has an established telework policy and while staff is currently working remotely, when the office re-opens, on-site work will be required.
For more information and to apply, visit http://www.faseb.org/employment.
Please send your resume with salary requirements in your cover letter and include your answer to the following question: Why does diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion matter to you personally?
Individuals with disabilities:
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact FASEB’s Human Resources Department at email@example.com.
To learn more about FASEB, please visit https://faseb.org/
FASEB is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.