Fall 2021 & Spring 2022 Meetings & Conferences Internship
Founded in 1912, the Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology (FASEB) is the nation’s largest coalition of biomedical researchers, representing 29 scientific societies and over 130,000 researchers from around the world. FASEB is now recognized as the voice of advocacy for biological and biomedical research scientists.
Assist the FASEB Office of Scientific Meetings and Conferences (OSMC) meetings staff with in-persona and virtual conference(s) preparation and execution. Please find a general overview of possible tasks and responsibilities below. Actual assignments depend on the individual project cycle at the time of the internship.
General Tasks and Responsibilities:
Support of Virtual Conferences
- Fill one of the staffing roles during the live dates of virtual conference (e.g., Zoom co-host, tech assistance to attendees).
- Coordinate and participate in practice runs for virtual meetings as needed.
General Logistics Support
- Assist in the preparation of poster session logistics.
- Create/proof signage and/or sign inserts.
- Coordinate packing and shipping of conference materials.
- Collect bios, abstracts, speaker materials.
- Maintain speakers and awardee spreadsheets and prepares letters and reimbursement forms/procedures.
- Assist in the development of meeting content, updates and posts information for website and mobile app.
- Prepare call for abstracts, save the date, promotional material, flyers, forms, and slides.
- Collect material for development of Program and Addendum.
- Prepare schedule, general information, and special functions section of program.
- Compile program/abstract book.
- Assist with all general registration processes as needed/assigned.
- Assist in assembling attendee materials, e.g., producing badges and any associated info cards and organizing registration materials for on-site distribution.
- Assist in attendee communications.
- Assist with preparing RFPs.
- Compile incoming proposals for review.
- Assist in finalizing arrangements with various meeting vendors (decorator, audiovisual, hotel, mobile app, etc.).
Other Job Functions
- Perform various administrative duties including but not limited to: Preparation of, proofing and editing correspondence; coordinating mailings; responding to routine questions and requests for information.
- Special projects as assigned.
- May assist in on-site execution of local events.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with Zoom platform
- High degree of professionalism.
- High comfort using technology.
- Strong organizing skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work effectively both individually and in a team.
- Good research and writing skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to learn new technologies and processes quickly.
- Remote; potential for occasional in-person meet ups if intern is local to the DC area.
- Generally looking for 15-22.5 hours of support/week each semester.
- Days are flexible, Wednesday availability a strong preference.
- Paid internship at $15/hour.
- Start date: beginning/mid of September 2021.
- Performance evaluation at end of internships available upon request.
- Please visit http://www.faseb.org/employment to apply with a resume and cover letter.
- The ideal candidate is available for both semesters, but applicants available for only one of the semesters will be considered as well.
Individuals with disabilities:
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact FASEB’s Human Resources Department at email@example.com.
To learn more about FASEB, please visit https://faseb.org/
FASEB is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.