The American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (ASBMB) is an
international nonprofit scientific and educational organization. With over 9,000 members, made up of students, researchers, educators, and industry professionals, the ASBMB is one of the largest molecular life science societies in the world.
ASBMB is seeking an Image Analyst to oversee screening images submitted to a fast-paced scientific journal. The Image Analyst will screen art for adherence to journal
policies, work with authors to obtain high-quality figures suitable for publication,
document/track issues with manuscripts, and other administrative duties. The Image Analyst will also examine images to detect alteration or manipulation.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Executes technical editing of figures for all the Society’s publications in
accordance with established workflow and style guidelines.
- Ensures that all figures are published with the highest quality and ethical
standards while maintaining quotas and evaluates file quality according to
established technical/style guidelines.
- Counsels and guides Authors, Peer Review and Publications staff in the
technical requirements for figure creation, submission, and publication.
- Maintains or increases the quality and usability of submitted digital figure files.
- Expedites Author and Editorial corrections, including delivery of new files and
updating on-line database for all publications.
- Examines and evaluates accepted artwork for possible figure manipulation prior to export into production, using specialized digital software, as necessary.
- Archives all edited artwork and ensures that all equipment and tools are
performing at highest level and archived data is available for publications
- Collaborates and participates in workflow and procedural meetings with the Data Integrity Manager.
Positions may be reassigned, and responsibilities may be modified or changed at any time to fulfill organizational requirements.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Studio/Graphic Arts preferred.
- Must have at least 3 years of combined relevant work and/or internship
- Experience with art for print production required.
- Must have excellent knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and
- Must be able to multi-task and to work in a team environment.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be a problem-solver to investigate and trouble-shoot any image irregularity.
- Must be able to work on short deadlines and be extremely detail oriented.
- Experience working with scientific imaging systems or scientific images a plus.
This is a full-time, exempt position. ASBMB offers exceptional benefits including professional development opportunities, 403-B retirement, medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, and free parking are offered.
This position is located in Rockville, Maryland and in walking distance to Metro and on major bus lines.
For more information and to apply, visit http://www.FASEB.org/employment.
Please send your resume with salary requirements in your cover letter with salary requirement.
To learn more about ASBMB, please visit https://ASBMB.org/
ASBMB is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.