Diversity & Inclusion Coordinator
Williams & Connolly LLP is currently seeking candidates for the position of Diversity & Inclusion Coordinator. Under the direction of the Chief Diversity Partner, while working closely with other senior administrative managers and attorneys, this position will be responsible for providing administrative and logistical support to the firm’s diversity programs, initiatives and related committees. The Diversity and Inclusion Coordinator will develop internal and external partnerships to further implement initiatives and projects designed to attract, develop, and retain top diverse talent and will help coordinate training curriculum, programs and events as it relates to educating attorneys and staff.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Provide administrative support to the Chief Diversity Partner;
- Support the Diversity & Inclusion Committee, Women’s Initiative, Families Committee, and firm affinity groups, including attending meetings, preparing agendas, preparing summaries and follow-up notes, and coordinating committee initiatives;
- Prepare diversity and inclusion budget, track spending, and submit all expenses related to diversity events, sponsorships, etc.;
- Assist in the collection and reporting of diversity data and coordinate the completion of various diversity-related surveys, client pitches, and awards;
- Assist in the collection and reporting of supplier diversity data;
- Maintain and update the firm’s intranet and website diversity pages, social media postings, recruiting and marketing materials related to diversity;
- Coordinate firm diversity related events including training, professional development, social, and affinity group events;
- Coordinate lawyers’ participation in professional organizations’ diversity events;
- Collaborate with firm’s Attorney Recruiting department as recruitment efforts relate to women and diverse students.
The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented and organized, and will exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality at all times. The candidate must have the ability to prioritize workload while working in a fast-paced environment, and work both independently and with all levels of the firm and department personnel. The candidate must also be available for overtime, including evenings and weekends, be available and able to travel around the DC metro area to attend diversity related events, and have the ability to lift and carry items weighing up to 20 pounds. The ideal candidate will be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel. Two or more years of experience in a law firm or professional services office is required. Bachelor’s degree is also required.