Industrial Electrician I/Trainee
Fairfax Water has an immediate opening for an Industrial Electrician I/Trainee. This position under close supervision of a Supervisor or a more experienced Industrial Electrician, provides assistance with the installation, maintenance and repair of electrical systems and calibration, servicing, maintenance, modification and repair of heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems (HVAC) and controls used in all Fairfax Water facilities.
Essential functions include:
- Assisting with the daily electrical operations of Fairfax Water’s water treatment plants and related pumping facilities to ensure uninterrupted production and reliability of equipment.
- Assisting with the completion of new installation and preventive maintenance of electrical equipment and systems at Fairfax Water facilities.
- Maintaining lighting systems and assisting in the maintenance of fire alarm systems, elevators and overhead cranes.
- Making frequent inspections of all HVAC equipment to ensure proper operation as required by the preventive maintenance program.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Graduation from high school or GED and an interest in learning electrical and HVAC systems (preferably in an industrial environment), or any equivalent combination of education, experience and knowledge. Ability to learn electrical and HVAC theory, the functions and maintenance of electrical systems, tools and equipment and safety regulations. Ability to learn how to read and work from drawings and electrical schematics. Ability to learn HVAC electrical and electronic control circuits including computerized control systems. Must pass a controlled substance (drug) test for employment. This position is also subject to random testing after hire.
Possession of a valid driver’s license and good driving record. Must be willing to attend and successfully complete a four-year electrical apprenticeship program, and complete coursework in HVAC.
About Fairfax Water
Fairfax Water is a respected leader in the drinking water industry, supplying drinking water to nearly two million people in the communities of Fairfax, Loudoun, Prince William, Herndon, Vienna, Alexandria, Falls Church, and Fairfax City. We are Virginia’s largest water utility and one of the 25 largest water utilities in the country, serving one of every five Virginians who obtain their water from public utilities. We aim to uphold customer trust by providing water of exceptional quality and reliability at a reasonable price, supporting the high quality of life and economic vitality of Northern Virginia.
To review the full requirements for the position please go to our website at www.fairfaxwater.org and apply online. Fairfax Water offers competitive salaries as well as a comprehensive benefits package, including excellent health insurance, tuition reimbursement, flexible spending accounts, and a defined benefit retirement plan.