Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Infectious Disease practice in Northern Virginia is in need of a LPN. He/She must be skilled in completing nursing intake and performing routine nursing procedures such as venipuncture, IV insertion, and management of patients.
The individual will work in both the patient clinic as well as the infusion clinic. LPN will be required to work 1 weekend in three. LPN will be required to work some holidays. This is a full time position
- Greet patients and prepare them for infusion treatments. Screen patients for appropriate information. Educate patient/family regarding infusion therapy.
- Communicate and interact with patients and other employees in a highly customer friendly and professional manner.
- Administer prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with nursing standards. Utilize the nursing process to provide individualized goal-directed patient care.
- Schedule patients for infusion, according to MD orders. Confirm proper pre-certification, pre-determination, medical studies, and lab work are complete (according to office Guidelines) prior to patient's infusion.
- Ensure appointment preferences are given to patients in emergency situations.
- Assures that nursing documentation, not limited to flow sheets, intake sheets, are completed per policy and standards.
- Performs primary nursing procedures (i.e. venipuncture, IV insertion, assessments, patient intake, daily review/update of medical records and logs).
- Administers medications per the directive of the provider and documents accordingly.
- Ensures that medical care and follow-up are planned and documented specially for each patient.
- Observe, record and report patient’s condition and reaction to infusion treatments to infusion clinic RN supervisor and to physicians. Consult with practitioners to clarify orders.
- Provides wound care to designated patients when ordered by provider.
- Monitors the use of and orders supplies under the direction of the Nurse Manager.
- Assures that the exam rooms are standardized and ready for use.
- Assists the providers as necessary during physical examination.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing (Practical Nursing).
- At least 2 years of recent acute care experience in medical surgical, emergency care, or urgent care, infusion or ID.
- Current CPR certification.
- Active VA LPN license
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Send resume to email@example.com
Salary based on experience with a full benefits package.
Apply for Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly