Program Assistant, Fulbright
The Program Assistant is a key member of the 20-person department charged with managing the Fulbright Foreign Student Program for the Middle East and North Africa. The incumbent will work in tandem with the assigned Program Officer to support a student caseload and perform placement activities. The incumbent also will assume responsibilities that pertain to and require the assistance of the Fulbright department as a whole. Therefore, the Program Assistant must be organized, diplomatic and team focused.
Provide administrative duties including:
- Assist with the university placement and monitoring of Fulbright students from the Middle East & North Africa.
- Coordinate university application submissions and track admission decisions.
- Correspond with Fulbright students, AMIDEAST field staff, U.S. colleges & universities, Department of State representatives, and binational Fulbright commission staff.
- Accurately maintain student files and database records.
- Coordinate and assist with conducting virtual interviews with Program Officer and nominees during the university placement process.
- Coordinate virtual pre-departure orientation meetings with incoming Fulbright students.
- Arrange and track student incoming and outgoing travel logistics.
- Coordinate student allowance payments.
- Enroll and maintain students’ health insurance coverage and assist students with questions or issues concerning their medical coverage.
- Assist with interviewing prospective Program Assistants.
- Contribute to department’s social media efforts.
- Assist with the supervision and training of interns.
- Represent Amideast and the Fulbright Program to visiting university representatives and at conferences or seminars.
- Provide general clerical support to the Fulbright department as a whole.
- Other administrative duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Minimum one year relevant experience in an office environment.
- Precise attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent written and spoken communications skills.
- Experience using Microsoft Office.
- Interest in the Middle East & North Africa and/or International Education desired.
- Experience working with students is a plus.
Please provide a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to http://jobs.amideast.org
Amideast is an Equal Opportunity Employer-Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation