Loudoun Water has an immediate opening for a Procurement Technician who will perform a variety of specialized, complex, and highly responsible technical duties related to the processing, purchase, and acquisition of materials, supplies and equipment. Work involves extensive public contact and requires the exercise of considerable judgment, initiative and discretion based on knowledge of Loudoun Water’s purchasing policies and procedures and Federal, State regulations and Purchasing laws, and contract management. Essential functions include:
- Preparing and evaluating Request for Proposals, Invitations for Bids, informal and competitive solicitations including amendments, award letter and related correspondence.
- Monitors order/contracts for compliance and/or performance; negotiates or modifies terms and determining contract compliance and defaults. Also responsible for developing detailed technical specifications for specific groups of procurements.
- Performs automated purchasing system maintenance tasks including updating master vendor file, bidder’s list, tables and other systems elements.
- Responsible for developing strategies in source development and multiple sourcing to include considerations under Virginia’s Small, Women and Minority Owned Businesses procurement initiative.
- Works with Procurement staff and customers to coordinate a variety of Loudoun Water purchases through small bid processes and Loudoun Water’s Purchasing Card Program.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual, an eye for quality and excellent organizational, technical, and communication skills. We offer highly competitive salaries, a stable work environment and excellent employee benefits.
Requirements: Associates Degree in Business or related field, with 3 years direct experience in the government sector. Virginia Contracting Officer (VCO), Certification as Certified Professional Purchasing Officer (CPPO) or Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB) or the ability to attain certification within 12 months of hire.
Apply online at www.loudounwater.org. Salary DOQ. Position will remain open until filled. EOE