7 days left
- Full Time
The National Assembly of State Arts Agencies (NASAA) is recruiting a full-time research manager. This position plays an important role in building a national evidence base about the arts and state arts agencies by conducting research and facilitating the use of information. The candidate chosen for this position will:
- design and administer surveys;
- analyze and visualize data;
- communicate information to multiple audiences;
- develop data collection protocols;
- lead teams and oversee special research projects.
This position is an excellent opportunity for an early- or mid-career research professional who is interested in research, government or philanthropy as well as the arts or humanities. Based in Washington, D.C., NASAA is a national association serving the nation’s 56 state and jurisdictional arts agencies. The research manager has the opportunity to work closely with member agencies across the country as well as with the National Endowment for the Arts and other important partners. This position is eligible for remote work and telework.
This position entails a variety of applied research roles that allow a candidate’s technical, communications and creative skills to shine. For instance, the research manager will:
- manage complex databases that contain longitudinal information about the arts;
- collect, validate and analyze data on the creative economy, arts budgets, agency staffing and opinion polls;
- interpret data to help practitioners and policymakers understand relevant findings;
- share research highlights through interactive data visualizations, maps, charts and infographics;
- contribute to a research team looking to find innovative ways to serve NASAA members and support arts advocates;
- write articles and reports for national policy audiences;
- prepare and deliver presentations;
- lead staff teams to conduct special projects for state and federal research partners;
- supervise one staff position and temporary contractors.
Please review the full job description, which includes specific position responsibilities.
This position requires strong quantitative research skills as well as communication and project management skills. Qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree
- 5+ years of full-time work experience in a professional setting
- Proficiency with standard survey practices and quantitative research methods
- Proficiency using descriptive and inferential statistical analysis techniques
- Data visualization skills for applied research
- Demonstrated writing abilities
- Demonstrated verbal communication skills
- Fluency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Access
- Keen attention to detail, accuracy and organization
- Ability to establish a rapport of trust with research informants and project partners
- A positive member/customer service attitude
- proficiency in Tableau
- proficiency in R
- experience with GIS software
- experience with SQL
- experience conducting surveys using Alchemer (formerly SurveyGizmo) or similar online survey software
- experience with Salesforce (or a similar CRM software)
- graphic design abilities and document layout skills
- experience conducting research in a policy environment
Salary and Benefits
The research manager is a full-time, salaried (exempt) position including benefits. The starting annual salary for this position is between $60,000 and $75,000. NASAA offers a competitive benefits package, which includes generous paid leave, employer-paid medical, vision and dental insurance, and a 403(b)(7) retirement plan.
Apply via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org using “Research Manager Search” as the subject line. All applications must include:
- a current résumé;
- a brief cover letter or email describing your interest in the position;
- a data analysis example demonstrating applied or academic research skills;
- a writing sample (if the data analysis example does not contain narrative components).
For best consideration, apply before July 28, 2021. Do not apply via fax, phone call or hard copy.
NASAA is dedicated to creating a workplace that welcomes, respects and values people of all races, colors, ages, genders, gender identities, ethnicities, sexual orientations, religions, creeds, ancestries, national origins, disabilities and veteran statuses. Members of underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Apply for Research Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly