Director of Golf Operations
Tournament Director/Daily Golf Operations
Rock Harbor Golf Course is a semi-private, single owner club. Established in 2003, Rock Harbor is one of Northern Virginia’s premier family-oriented clubs. The club features 2 pristine, 18-hole courses, The Rock and The Boulder courses, playing over rolling terrain, with tree lined fairways, well-placed bunkers and water hazards. The clubhouse offers both casual and fine dining and the spacious outdoor pavilion provides an elegant setting for member events, private parties, and business functions. Other amenities include excellent golf driving ranges, a short game practice area with large green and challenging bunkers. The club has 400 members, 2438 associate members, and plays approximately 80 annual rounds. The golf program offers a busy schedule of member events including 22 tournaments and hosts over 42 corporate/charity outings annually. The golf staff is comprised of 6 full-time and part-time employees, and many outside services staff and an exceptionally large maintenance crew.
Position Description: The Director of Golf Operations will report to the General Manager and manage all golf tournaments, charity and corporate outing and leagues. A priority will be maintaining the club’s traditions while proactively implementing creative programs and events to stimulate interest and participation in club activities.
Key areas of responsibility include:
• Providing a high level of consistent service to members and guests.
• Overseeing daily golf operations and play on the course.
• Promoting and coordinating the club’s complete golf program.
• Promoting and coordinating member tournaments and group outings.
• Developing and coordinating a strong junior golf program.
• Overseeing a quality merchandising program tailored to member needs, and all aspects of inventory maintenance.
• Providing golf lessons and clinics for all skill levels.
• Managing and monitoring golf operations budgets.
• Managing golf car, practice range and club storage operations.
• Must be proficient in club repair and club fitting.
• Interpreting and enforcing The Rules of Golf and club policies.
• Maintaining regular communication and interaction with the General Manager, department managers and membership.
• You do not need to be a PGA Pro.
• Experience in all aspects of semi-private club golf operations.
• Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
• Ability to interact with the membership and generate participation from all member segments.
• Strong computer skills and ability to utilize golf related applications. Experience with Golf Genius Software is preferred but not necessary.
• College degree preferred.
The compensation package will include the following components:
• Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Great bonus package.
• 100% of clinic and lesson income
• Incentive pay, bonuses, holiday pay, full benefit package, retirement package.
Benefits include health & dental insurance, life and disability insurance; retirement plan; allowance for PGA education, meetings and PGA Merchandise Show; meals while on duty; paid vacation; laptop and staff clothing discounts.