- Full Time
At Amideast we pride ourselves in being a leading American non-profit organization engaged in international education, training and development activities in the Middle East and North Africa. We also pride ourselves in providing 40+ days of paid leave and a great 401k with 6% matching.
The Communications Assistant (CA) will support communications and additional activities as part of the Fulbright Program administered by Amideast. Funded and sponsored by the U.S. Department of State, the program supports students and scholars from the Middle East/North Africa (MENA) region as they pursue degree and non-degree academic work in the United States.
- Create, edit, and upload content for digital platforms to reach prospective and current grantees, as well as alumni, to include videos, posts and graphics.
- Manage membership and monitor activity across platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and professional development platforms.
- Track social media activity, analytics and engagement. Provide data for periodic reporting requirements.
- Solicit high-quality success stories and images from current grantees and alumni for use across platforms and materials.
- Assist in annual review and update of all print and digital materials to ensure compliance with branding guidelines.
- Assist with webpage updates as needed.
- Maintain and update alumni database.
- Manage internal and external lists, data sets and grantee information for publicity and outreach purposes.
- Assist with alumni engagement and programming as requested.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- A BA/BS degree in a related field and one year of relevant experience.
- Experience managing social media networks (Facebook, Twitter, Medium, Instagram, LinkedIn, Hootsuite, Sprout Social etc.).
- Experience in digital community management.
- Proven writing and editing skills with the ability to convey ideas in a creative and clear style.
- Graphic design, photo and video editing skills preferred.
- Self-starter with the ability to take initiative, meet deadlines, and multi-task in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Dependable and detail-oriented team player.
Candidates should have a basic understanding of HTML and should have a solid understanding of social media best practices for non-profits. Familiarity with Microsoft Office products including Microsoft Word and Excel is required. Experience with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Premiere is highly desirable.
Please provide a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to http://jobs.amideast.org
AMIDEAST is an Equal Opportunity Employer-Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation