The Council of Chief State School Officers (CCSSO) is a nonpartisan, nationwide, nonprofit organization of public officials who head departments of elementary and secondary education in the states, the District of Columbia, the Department of Defense Education Activity, the Bureau of Indian Education, and five U.S. extra-state jurisdictions. CCSSO provides leadership, advocacy, and technical assistance on major educational issues. CCSSO seeks member consensus on major educational issues and expresses their views to civic and professional organizations, federal agencies, Congress, and the public.
The Council seeks a CRM Manager who will work in collaboration with the Director of Technology Services to create a vision for, processes, and drive the enterprise-wide digital strategy, aligning the approach with organization-wide strategic objectives. This role is responsible for overseeing Salesforce implementation, working with stakeholders to define optimal processes and customizing the Salesforce Platform. Help staff and members get the most out of Salesforce by making the platform work for the Council's unique business needs. This role will also be responsible for other public-facing digital channels, such as the CCSSO website, championing digital approaches throughout the department and organization and helping to foster a learning culture that innovates with a digital mindset.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
CRM (Nonprofit Salesforce System Administrator)
- Responsible for the day-to-day configuration, support, maintenance and improvement of our database. Working closely with fundraising, program management and marketing staff, the administrator will identify, develop and deploy new business processes. This role is part technical project manager, part administrator, part Salesforce analyst and 100% dedicated to our mission
- Serve as primary system administrator for the Salesforce environment
- Configures the system, monitoring and troubleshooting any reported issues. Proactively seeks out and identifies needed system changes. Creates custom workflows, reports and dashboards
- Focus the organization’s use of data towards what best serves the mission
- Handle all basic administrative functions including user maintenance, modification of page layouts, generation of reports and dashboards, creation of new fields and other routine tasks
- Gather detailed requests for improvements or changes to the system, and implement these changes as appropriate
- Automate processes using Salesforce tools such as process builder, approval processes, validation rules, and Nonprofit Success Pack features such as engagement plans and levels
- Manage less complex Salesforce integrations - those not handled by a Salesforce Developer or Consultant/Partner
- Identify, install and maintain appropriate apps from the AppExchange for event management, mass email, donation handling, and more
- Train new users and grow the Salesforce skill set across the organization
- Document customizations made in Salesforce
- Plan ahead for upgrades, seasonal releases and long-term projects
- First point of contact for end-users, managing operational escalations, problems and issues; resolves basic issues and facilitating resolution of issues/problems that require higher level support
- Responsible for CCSSO’s online digital experience for commerce and content with a focus on developing leading edge website/mobile design and capabilities
- Collaborates with department leaders and appropriate stakeholders to translate CCSSO’s programmatic and engagement missions into digital offerings
- Assist with CMS and CRM strategy driven by data that enables a deeper customer relationship with a focus on segmentation and personalization
- Support ongoing initiatives, programs and fundraising campaigns by:
- Designing and laying out web pages that include journey mapping, SEO and re- marketing opportunities
- Manage creation of copy and supportive materials to ensure proper call to actions
- Conduct research for best practices in website design and layout
- Work with developer to implement advanced website development (i.e. FAQ coding, SEO, CSS, layout code)
- Manage Google Analytics & Tag Manager
- Provide weekly or campaign-based reports, regarding website traffic, audience metrics, and advanced configurations of Google Analytics account
- Maintain program information presented on website; update deadlines, program application announcements, etc
Education and Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Public Relations or a related field, from a four-year college or university, or a combination of education and experience which demonstrates the necessary skills and abilities required for the position.
- Salesforce Administrator Certification required. Additional Salesforce Certifications preferred.
- Three or more years of experience managing Salesforce and ancillary support systems.
- Advanced Excel skills; experience using Excel as a data management tool.
- Aptitude for learning new programs and commitment to data integrity.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills: adhere to deadlines and adapt to changing circumstances; handle high volume while maintaining excellent attention to detail; monitor own work and self-edit.
- Ability to problem solve; analyze information and apply expertise and provide solutions
- Clear written and verbal communication with demonstrated understanding of communication methods and styles;
- Experience developing learning tools/guides for end-users highly preferred.
- Able to adapt to changing circumstances and prioritize work accordingly. Self-starter with desire to show ownership and commitment to role.
- Must maintain current knowledge and understanding of industry trends, current practices, new developments and applicable technologies regarding the use of technology in associations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.