Senior Administrative Assistant
- Full Time
The purpose of this position is to provide administrative support for the Chief Staff Officer for Multicultural Affairs and staff in the Multicultural Affairs Cluster, as well as to coordinate and maintain an effective and efficient flow of work for the Office of Multicultural Affairs.
- Schedule appointments; coordinate and schedule meetings; arrange business itineraries and travel; coordinate, schedule and arrange conference calls. Prepare meeting agendas, record minutes, distribute material, request room set-up and any food services.
- Administrative duties include: Compose and prepare correspondence under own initiative or from notes taken in a discussion with others; format and type letters, memos, reports, spreadsheets, presentations, and charts and graphs; order materials, supplies and products, monitor and maintain subscriptions and memberships, and perform budget duties as needed, including tracking expenditures and completing expense reports.
- Research and abstract information and data in preparation for meetings and work projects; compile and enter information and data for existing databases and the association’s management system; run reports; and correlate, compile and edit materials submitted by others.
- Coordinate projects and establish project and management templates and timelines in accordance with OMA project activity.
- Sort, read, and annotate incoming correspondence and documents and facilitate necessary action; determine appropriate routing and maintain follow-up (trace) files; maintain contact information and lists of key constituencies and organizations, and coordinate mailings, email blasts, etc.
- Organize and maintain files and filing systems for the CSO and the OMA from which information can be easily retrieved.
- May be asked to serve as proxy in supervisor’s absence.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree
- 4 to 6 years administrative experience
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Intermediate word processing, data entry and data management, presentation development and basic graphics skills; Microsoft Office Suite preferred
- Basic skills in searching the Internet for information
- Excellent proofreading, grammar, and spelling skills
- Experience using e-mail; Microsoft Outlook preferred
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, organize and successfully carry out work
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to independently compose various correspondence