Development and Partnership Strategic Advisor
Job Function: Washington DC
Location: Washington, DC
Development and Partnership Strategic Advisor
The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) seeks to hire a Development and Partnership Strategic Advisor who will be an integral part of the development team that is responsible for raising private funds to support the mission and work of NDI. This position will report directly to the Director of Philanthropy.
Primary Responsibilities Partnership
- Develop and implement a strategy for involving younger individuals with NDI, including their financial support and personal involvement
- Develop the mission, goals and activities related to the strategy; direct and assist in the recruitment of members; and secure membership dues
- Organize and implement activities, events and meetings; interface with Council chairs and members; evaluate progress; and establish chapters in multiple cities
- Responsible for recruitment, on-boarding and partnership management of select Corporate Partnership Group members
Fund Development and Stewardship
- Responsible for gift procurement and stewardship of select high net-worth individual and corporate donors to NDI
- Responsible for raising funds for NDI special events including the Madeleine Albright Luncheon, Democracy Gala, and International Leaders Forum
- Work closely and collaborate with his/her colleagues around special stewardship needs and outreach
Special Events and Outreach Management
- Develop and manage all aspects of NDI special events for board of directors, donors and prospects
- Develop and oversee marketing materials for events; prepare event programs and other event related products and services
- Manage all event logistics including event registration, partnerships with vendors, recruiting and overseeing volunteers, preparing key stakeholders for the event, assisting in securing sponsorships, and drafting the run of the show.
- Oversee all aspects of donor trips, including: drafting and managing budgets; developing and sending marketing and event materials; managing all event logistics; and liaising with trip attendees
- Liaise with other departments to support NDI programming fundraising needs and the stewardship of donors to meet those needs
- Develop and manage event budgets; and manage procurements and vendor payments related to the Madeleine Albright Luncheon, Democracy Gala and International Leaders Forum
- Manage the budgets for these and all special events, ensuring that actual expenses meet budget targets or fall under them
- Supervise Development Assistant, including checking in regularly on tasks and if there are any questions or concerns. Provide mentorship opportunities for professional development.
- Ensure oversight of donor records
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in international relations preferred and a minimum of 12-14 years of work experience with fundraising for nonprofit organizations, especially in the area of partnership development and management, and special events.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of staff, donors, and NGO community
- Oral and written communication skills to effectively present information and respond to questions
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Working knowledge of Salesforce, and Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Google Drive, G+, etc.) strongly desired
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Ability to apply discretion and maintain confidential information
- Available for local travel; work during some evenings and weekends around special events is required
Non-US citizens applying for this position based in the U.S. must possess work authorization that does not require employer sponsorship.
NDI welcomes and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. As such, our commitment is to promote equal employment opportunities (EEO) for all applicants seeking employment and NDI employees. NDI makes employment decisions based on organizational needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, personal appearance, military status, gender identity or expression, genetic information, political affiliation, educational status, unemployment status, place of residence or business, source of income, or reproductive health decision making. Additionally, harassment or discrimination based on these characteristics will not be tolerated at NDI. To perform the essential functions of this position, reasonable accommodations are available to qualified individuals with disabilities and qualified individuals who have limitations due to pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or medical related condition.
To apply, please visit NDI's website at: www.ndi.org/careers
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/JB6nYwu6bWWnHnlSXdNx