Public Works Steward II (laborer/driver)
Chevy Chase Village, a municipal government in southern Montgomery County, seeks to fill full-time position of Public Works Steward II. Position reports directly to the Public Works Supervisor. Duties include working a base schedule of Mon-Fri, 7:30 a.m. to 3:45 p.m., with occasional evening, weekend and holiday event support. The successful candidate will perform a wide variety of manual, unskilled and semi-skilled labor tasks. Major Duties Include: skilled to semi-skilled performance of various tasks related to general equipment and vehicle maintenance, ensuring safe and proper operation; roadway and sidewalk repair and maintenance; tree and landscape planting, care and removal; leaf, yard waste, bulk refuse and hazardous waste collection; snow removal operations, including plowing of residential roadways and application of roadway abrasives; and general maintenance of public facilities.
Minimum Qualifications Include:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Five years’ work experience in related field with experience in general equipment and vehicle repair and maintenance.
- Must possess ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions in English.
- Must be capable of performing required manual tasks and withstand the rigors of varying weather conditions with the ability to perform heavy work requiring the exertion of up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects or materials.
- Possession of a valid Class A, B, or C Maryland Driver’s License or Commercial Driver’s License and a minimum of two years driving experience. The incumbent must possess and be able to maintain a DL-171 card (DOT physical card) pursuant to Maryland law.
- COVID-19 vaccination required in order to qualify for this position.
Full background investigation, including driving records, will be conducted prior to a final offer of employment. Salary range: $40,934.40 to $70,928/annual; generous benefits package.
Hiring range, depending on qualifications, is $40,934.40 to $44,304.
Submit resume to:
Chevy Chase Village Office
c/o Director of Public Works
5906 Connecticut Avenue
Chevy Chase, MD 20815
or by FAX 301-907-9721
or by EMAIL email@example.com (Subject Line: Public Works Steward II position)
Position open until filled.