Director, Enterprise-Wide Marketing & Sales
1 day left
- Full Time
The person in this position is responsible for establishing and expanding ASHA’s organization-wide marketing and sales strategy and providing oversight for its implementation to optimize non-dues revenues from ASHA products, programs, and services. The position will require strategic, analytic, and creative thinking to develop an enterprise-wide marketing strategy. The strategy will establish priorities for ASHA’s marketing and sales efforts and align resources accordingly. Additionally, this person establishes standardized approaches and practices and provide guidance to units engaged in marketing and sales efforts that exist throughout the organization. This position has responsibility for managing the Marketing and Sales Cluster and the coordination with and oversight of resources that may functionally report to other units.
- Develop and maintain an enterprise-level marketing and sales strategy and plan that links various clusters, teams and resources in a way that maximizes ASHA’s non-dues revenues and marketing efforts.
- Review plans and strategies and recommend priorities and appropriate resource allocation to leverage marketing efforts to better achieve strategic and operating objectives.
- Identify and make recommendations for new opportunities and approaches for marketing and selling ASHA’s products and services to new and existing customers.
- Develop an approach and templates for marketing planning and manage their adoption organization wide.
- Direct the Marketing and Sales Cluster’s operations and develop and coach staff.
- Provide marketing consulting, cross-organizational support, and collaboration at all levels to foster buy-in and shared ownership of a cohesive ASHA brand and strategy.
- Provide guidance and oversight in the development and management of relationships with partners, sponsors and other with outside organizations.
- Work in close collaboration with Communications cluster on integrated MarCom efforts to achieve coherence and synergies across the association.
Knowledge Typically Acquired Through
- At least 15 years progressively responsible experience in similar position, with marketing/sales oversight required.
- Prior experience working with not-for-profit membership organization preferred.
- Prior experience in brand management.
- History of creative strategic thinking, entrepreneurial spirit, and innovative leadership in developing communications and marketing programs that engage a variety of stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree, graduate degree preferred, in marketing or business administration/management.
Scope and Depth of Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement comprehensive, integrated marketing and sales plans and programs.
- Demonstrated leadership and collaboration abilities with all levels of organizational management and teams.
- Demonstrated ability to manage people and programs, both functionally and in a matrixed environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of all facets of the marketing discipline, including market research, product positioning, pricing, promotions, sales, and distribution.
- Demonstrated experience with CRM technology and its capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct, synthesize, and act on market research and analysis and competitive intelligence and identify trends.
- Demonstrated success at developing contracts with outside vendors, sponsors, and partners.
- Knowledge of group process and facilitation as is relates to matrixed decision making.
- Demonstrated understanding of social media practices and proven ability to develop and execute strategies that support marketing and sales efforts.
Scope and Depth of Non-Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Demonstrated leadership skill, including the ability to build teams and to mentor and develop team members.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills.