Business Operations Specialist
Summary: The Business Operations Specialist is responsible for performing general clerical/office activities to support the Business Operations Manager and division. The work requires contact with all departments across the City Government, outside agencies, and the general public. Additionally, this position is responsible for providing customer service within the City Manager’s Office.
- High school diploma
- Two (2) year of previous general office/clerical experience
- Proficiency in MS Office 365 applications a must
- Certain combinations of education or experience may be considered
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of general clerical/office practices and procedures including basic office workflow procedures.
- Knowledge of data processing methods, information storage and retrieval techniques.
- Skill in clerical/office functions such as typing/data entry, filing, answering telephones.
- Skill in the operation of basic office equipment and machines, computer terminal, copy machines, adding machines, etc.
- Skill in basic mathematical computations.
- Skill in communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
- Ability to interact with public.
*COVID-19 vaccination required in order to qualify for this position
How to Apply: please visit the city’s website at: www.cityofbowie.org and click on the employment link.
Application Deadline: Friday, July 2, 2021 BY 5:00PM
All applicants MUST submit a completed City of Bowie employment application in order to be considered for this opportunity.
The City of Bowie is a drug and alcohol-testing employer. EOE