The Virginia Economic Development Partnership (VEDP) is seeking an experienced economic development professional to successfully promote Virginia to targeted corporate executives and consultants as the preferred location for new and expanding business facilities. This position is part of the Lead Generation Team in the Business Investment Division. This team is tasked with identifying new prospective investment opportunities, both domestically and globally.
VEDP was created by the Virginia General Assembly in 1995 to encourage, stimulate and support development and expansion of the Commonwealth’s economy. Like the special Commonwealth that it serves, VEDP has long been regarded as among the best in the country.
- Support the development and implementation of VEDP’s lead generation strategy and work alongside a team to successfully generate results that meet the Business Investment Division’s performance metrics
- Support VEDP’s lead generation programs by conducting targeted marketing outreach to prospective companies, site selection consultants, commercial real estate brokers and other audiences
- Work with interested company executives, along with other state, local and regional economic developers to successfully locate new and expanding business operations to Virginia
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a team environment and leverage partners in public and private sectors, including higher education partners, and local and regional economic development partners
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to plan and successfully manage multiple tasks
- Proficiency in using multiple PC software packages is required
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus
- Five years of economic development, sales, marketing, business development and/or lead generation experience is preferred
- Considerable executive level sales and marketing experience in an economic development office or corporate business environment
- Demonstrated project management and lead generation experience
- Experience in developing and implementing a sales and marketing plan to effectively close deals
- An undergraduate degree in marketing, business administration, economics or equivalent work experience is required
- Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) designation or other industry certification is a plus
- A valid Virginia’s driver’s license and ability to obtain a passport required
- Frequent travel is required
VEDP offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Salary commensurate with experience. All candidates must apply through our website: https://www.vedp.org/about-vedp. Application deadline: Open Until Filled
VEDP is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or against otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities. It is VEDP’s intent that its employment and personnel policies and practices conform to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. Applicants requiring more information or requiring assistance may contact VEDP Human Resources at 1-804-545-5634 or firstname.lastname@example.org. TDD 1-800-828-1120.