Manager - Nurse - Vascular Center
Nurse Manager of Vascular Center (Ffx)
Summary: The Center Manager, manages the clinical operations of this Vascular Center and related functions within established guidelines for FRC Radiology Centers. Oversees operations of the Vascular Center including technologists, front desk, and all clinical staff. Works closely with and receives direction from the Director of the Vascular Center. Coordinates all CQI and accreditation activities.
- Responsible for the overall operations and activities of the Vascular Center other than those which do not require the professional judgment and task of a physician.
- Performs those functions as outlined in the Nurse Coordinator Job Description.
- Performs those functions as outlined in the Patient Coordinator Job Description
- Oversees the maintenance of all equipment notifying the Director or Chief Operating Officer of any problems and/or events that interrupt patient flow. Ensures that proper preventative maintenance is performed on all equipment.
- Responsible for ordering of all supplies, personally or through delegation.
- Interacts on an ongoing basis with Front Desk Supervisor to ensure proper scheduling of patients and preparatory information.
- Responsible for maintenance of all pharmaceuticals, including oxygen, within the Radiology Center. Either personally or through delegation, lists all drugs with expiration date, checks monthly and documents. For drugs about to expire, orders a new supply and properly discards expired drugs.
- Monitors or delegates assessment of AED. Checks monthly and orders appropriate supplies along with clinical personnel.
- Responsible for the maintenance of proper waste disposal procedures. Ensures that staff is properly trained in such procedures.
- Responsible for assuring payments received are sent daily to Accounts Receivable.
- Upon approval from Chief Operating Officer and Director of FVC, interviews and recommends employees to hire as needed to maintain an even work flow and accomplish objectives of the Center. Does so within Radiology Center budget in terms of dollars and FTE’s.
- Evaluates and reviews personnel in Radiology Center and provides Chief Operating Officer and Director of FVC with recommendations for annual salary evaluations. Counsels employees on poor performance and provides appropriate corrective action. Documents as needed. Recommends termination of employees to Chief Operating Officer and Director of Human Resources.
- Works closely with the Senior Director of Patient Financial Services, coverage, pre-collection, and insurance related issues. Interfaces with Chief Information Officer concerning the general operation of the IT system including both hardware and software problems.
- Current Virginia R.N. licensure, ACLS & BLS.
- Min 4 yrs exp as a R.N.
- Min 1-2 yrs supervisory exp.
- Familiarity with AAAHC and IAC certification with experience producing and implementing policies and procedures consistent with AAAHC and IAC regulations.
- Attention to detail and setting patient safety and comfort as the primary goal.
- Experience running an ASC or OBL preferred.
- Must be able access, input and retrieve information from the RIS and PACS
Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance; 401K Retirement Plan; Life AD&D Insurance; STD and LTD Disability Insurance; PTO (21+ days) & Holidays (7 days) and Continuing Education Reimbursement.
To submit your resume and desired salary, please:
1) press APPLY button OR
2) submit to: https://www.fairfaxradiology.com/careers