Administrative Assistant (CEPP)
JOB SUMMARY: The assistant position supports the assistant executive director by performing a variety of administrative tasks related to committee work, events, training, and research in the areas of education policy and organizational development. Some late evenings, weekends, and travel to offsite locations with occasional overnights may be required.
- Compile, type, file and distribute letters, reports and other general documents.
- Organize files and maintain materials/correspondence for committee meetings, events, and trainings.
- Provide scheduling/logistics, prepare and assemble materials for mailings, meetings, conferences, and trainings.
- Composes routine correspondence.
- Prepare widely varied materials for pre- and post-conferences and trainings utilizing Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Survey Monkey.
- Design online registration forms and manage the online registration process for conferences and trainings utilizing specialized software.
- Track and compile information from meetings in various databases.
- Create statistical reports for evaluation of conferences in a PowerPoint format that is shared with staff, committees, and governance and executive office.
- Organize materials for committee meetings for staff leads that support various committees.
- Manage schedules and calendars of internal committee/meeting participants and external constituents.
- Coordinate with other departments on correspondence, calendars, and events.
- Maintains electronic filing system.
- Manages and responds to CEPP telephone calls and emails as needed.
- Manage timely and appropriate responses to inquiries of local leaders, members, and staff.
- Collects manager reports, reviews format, and proofreads before distributing and/or filing.
- Proofread and edit documents for CEPP staff.
- Creates billing report for CEPP training events and tracks grant expenditures on Excel as needed.
- Provide administrative support for special projects within CEPP and for other centers and departments as needed.
- Provides support to the MSEA reception desk as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree preferred; minimum of high school diploma.
- Three years of experience with conference and training planning or logistics.
- Administrative support experience in a political environment or higher education environment preferred.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills to prepare various documents, reports, statistical reports, financial documents, and materials for events.
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; and ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Keyboarding skills - 50 wpm.
- Experience with editing and proofreading correspondence, statistical reports, flyers, financial documents, and other documents.
- Knowledge and/or experience in scheduling/logistics, and preparing material for mailings for meetings, conferences, and trainings.
- Ability to prioritize workload while working independently or within a team and support multiple projects and staff with minimal follow up and supervision.
- Ability to research issues on the internet.
- Ability to be a flexible and enthusiastic member of a fast-paced team.
- Has or can obtain and maintain a driver's license compliant with the State of Maryland.
Salary starting: $41,505
Date of Employment: As soon as possible
Apply for Administrative Assistant (CEPP)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly