Human Resources Assistant
Arnold & Porter has an opening for a Human Resources (HR) Assistant in Washington, DC office. The HR Assistant will assist with onboarding, HRIS and staff recruiting functions, support internal HR related initiatives, assist with staff evaluations and perform general administrative tasks within the HR department. Also, the HR Assistant will provide administrative support to the Well-Being Committee.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Processing FMLA payroll authorizations for staff and attorneys.
- Handling all the electronic filing for FMLA and personnel files including creating new hire personnel files.
- Entering all non-employee worker information into the HRIS system.
- Processing staff employment verifications.
- Preparing new hire orientation schedules, reserving conference rooms, sending calendar invites, preparing new hire packets, giving the Firm tours, and distributing the new hire forms for DC staff.
- Preparing the bi-weekly staff recruiting letters and scanning recruiting documents into the Applicant Tracking System.
- Processing emails for staff recruiting.
- Preparing ad hoc staff recruiting spreadsheets, as needed.
- Providing administrative assistance to the Well-Being Committee.
- Assisting with Staff Appreciation Week and other events hosted by the HR department.
- Two-year college degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of one year of office experience.
- Experience in a law firm, corporate or professional environment preferred.
- A minimum of 50 wpm typing.
- Proficiency in Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office Suite and/or related software.
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of trustworthiness in handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Proven reliability, dependability, and motivation.
- Excellent organization and communications skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while exhibiting a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Exceptional client service.
- Flexibility to work additional hours, as necessary
To apply, please visit: https://www.arnoldporter.com/en/careers/professional-staff/current-opportunities
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP uses E-Verify, which is a web-based system, to confirm the eligibility of our employees to work in the United States. As an E-Verify employer, we verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees by electronically matching information provided by employees on the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). We use E-Verify because we are a federal contractor containing the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) E-Verify clause. Please see the posters for details regarding E-Verify or contact Arnold & Porter’s Human Resources Department for more information. E-Verify Participation Poster and Right-to-work Poster .
Arnold & Porter is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), age, marital or partnership status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family leave status, citizenship status, immigration status, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. Our firm's equal opportunity policy applies to all employment practices and terms and conditions, including, without limitation, recruitment, employment, assignment, training, compensation, benefits, promotions, disciplinary action and terminations. To achieve our goal of equal opportunity, Arnold & Porter maintains an affirmative action plan through which it makes good faith efforts to recruit, hire and advance in employment qualified minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click EEO is the LAWand the Supplement poster.
Arnold & Porter is an EO Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.