This is a full-time Director position responsible for the administration, educational oversight, and fiscal management of a federal government-affiliated Child Care Center located near Union Station in Washington, D.C. The Center provides full-time, year-round care to children ages 0-5. This position includes all aspects of planning and supervising the operations of the Center to ensure best practices throughout, including:
- daily oversight of the educational program
- compliance with all accreditation and regulatory requirements
- management of the Center’s budget and accounting system
- human resource supervision
- parent communication
- marketing and enrollment
- working with staff and outside contractors/vendors to maintain the Center’s facilities
- working with an elected Parent Board to ensure efficient and effective management of the Center’s day-to-day operations and careful stewardship of its resources
This is a tremendous opportunity to join a well-respected, dynamic center in the heart of Washington, DC, with an exceptional faculty and an engaged parent population.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- B.A. in Early Childhood Education required with a minimum of 24 credits of ECE or CD and 9 credits in Administration, Leadership or Management. Masters’ Degree in Early Childhood Education preferred. A combination of infant, toddler and/or preschool teaching experience required.
- 5+ years of managerial and/or supervisory experience required. Experience at an accredited and/or federal government Center strongly preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of the latest developments in Early Childhood Education.
- Familiarity with NAEYC accreditation standards.
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office Suite, QuickBooks, and Procare.
- Strong Leadership and management skills, including the ability to supervise, train and work with staff of varying backgrounds with sensitive leadership, maturity and stability.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to think and plan strategically.
- Ability to manage a complex budget.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
This is a salaried, overtime-exempt position. Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits package includes participation in the Federal Employees Health Benefit program and the Federal Employees Retirement System, as well as generous annual leave and paid federal holidays.
The Center is an equal opportunity employer; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender identity or sexual orientation.
Apply for Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly