Associate Director of Corporate Relations
Position Title: Associate Director of Corporate Relations
Status: Full-time, exempt
Reporting to the Vice President, Best Practices and Strategic Initiatives, the Associate Director of Corporate Relations is responsible for cultivating mutually-beneficial relationships with companies and non-profit organizations with an interest in graduate education, while raising the profile of the organization and diversifying its revenue streams.
This position requires at least six years of experience building corporate relationships that result in sponsorships, corporate memberships, and other partnerships beneficial to the council and its members. The person who fills this position will work closely with the Vice President, Best Practices and Strategic Initiatives, the Vice President for Finance, Human Resources, and Operations and the Senior Director, Meetings to develop and implement strategies to increase external funding for CGS through corporate sponsorships and memberships, as well as private-sector grants.
- Develop and implement a workplan that complements and supports the CGS Strategic Plan.
- Serve as member of the CGS Meeting Planning Team.
- In consultation with CGS senior leadership, cultivate and maintain participation by corporate executives in the CGS Employer Roundtable, and direct internal CGS collaboration on Roundtable programming and deliverables.
- Demonstrate a proactive approach to researching and identifying potential corporate, non-profit and private foundation funders and align opportunities with organizational priorities.
- Direct and manage all aspects of prospect cultivation, ensuring CGS builds positive and mutually-beneficial relationships with the private sector.
- Direct and manage all aspects of the CGS corporate membership program, including the Sustaining Membership Network and other events and sponsorships as needed.
- Maintain detailed records on the status of outreach efforts, track funds generated, and record other metrics of success.
- Direct and manage the corporate sponsorship program for the Annual Meeting, including developing a marketing strategy and materials promoting sponsorship opportunities
- Serve as a contact for exhibitors, helping to recruit new exhibitors and ensuring they have a positive experience at CGS meetings.
- Develop materials (emails, letters of interest, pitches) to support private sector grant requests.
- Support CGS’s programmatic activities as appropriate, including sponsored webinar sessions and content at the CGS Summer Workshop and Annual Meetings.
- Identify and facilitate opportunities for CGS leadership to deepen relationships with companies with a strong investment in graduate education.
- Serve as staff liaison to the Advancement Advisory Committee.
- Travel required to the CGS Summer Workshop and CGS Annual Meeting, as well as to other meetings as required to build and sustain relationships.
- Respond promptly to CGS member requests and otherwise provide the highest quality customer service to CGS members.
- Report goals and progress to the CGS president and CGS Board of Directors, as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred.
- Six years of corporate partnerships experience; experience with private and corporate foundations a plus.
- Collegial attitude and a willingness to collaborate across functions, flexibility to perform both high-level strategic thinking and daily management tasks.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to tailor messaging about CGS’s mission to a wide range of audiences.
- Demonstrated success in relationship management.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Authentic interest in and familiarity with higher education (familiarity and experience with graduate education and/or membership organizations a plus).
- Demonstrated ability to develop and complete projects independently, respond in a timely manner, and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience in project coordination and management.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Entrepreneurial mindset.
- Proficiency with social media, MS Office, and association management systems.
Apply for Associate Director of Corporate Relations
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly