Executive Assistant to the President and CEO
Executive Assistant to the President and CEO
The National Fair Housing Alliance (NFHA) has an immediate opening for an Executive Assistant to the President and CEO to join our team. NFHA is the only national organization dedicated to eliminating housing discrimination and expanding equal housing opportunities. Founded in 1988, NFHA is the trade association for private, nonprofit fair housing organizations. Our members also include agencies and individuals that support our mission. Through its leadership, education and outreach, member services, public policy, community development, enforcement, homeownership, credit access, and tech equity initiatives, NFHA is dismantling longstanding barriers to equity, rooting out bias, and building diverse, inclusive, well-resourced communities. For more information about NFHA, visit www.nationalfairhousing.org.
The Executive Assistant performs a range of administrative functions and engages in discrete projects
to maximize the President and CEO’s time and effectiveness. The Executive Assistant will play an
integral role in executing day-to-day operations in a high-growth, fast-paced environment. This
individual will coordinate with the development, program, and administrative teams on a range of
activities, playing a crucial role in communications, Board of Directors support, and cross-organizational initiatives with peer nonprofits in the field. The Executive Assistant will also provide direct support to
the President and CEO with relationship building with sector stakeholders, fund development,
grant prospecting, management, and reporting.
This role requires a commitment to housing equality, outstanding professionalism and discretion, organization and attention to detail, energy and initiative, the ability to multitask deftly, and a willingness to anticipate needs and work proactively on a wide variety of projects. The Executive Assistant will have access to the President and CEO’s network across corporate, nonprofit, and public sectors, exposure to the full array of functions in the organization, and the privilege of working every day for the constituents served by NFHA.
- Conserve the President and CEO’s time by routing correspondences; drafting emails, letters, and documents; recording and capturing meetings, and contributing to discrete projects;
- Assisting the President and CEO with scheduling and preparing for speaking engagements;
- Maintain the President and CEO’s appointment schedule by planning and scheduling in-person and virtual meetings, conferences, and travel;
- Serve as Board liaison by attending all Board meetings; serving as administrative support for meetings and on-site coordination of logistics, and coordinating and booking Board of Directors’ travel arrangements when requested;
- Provide research and preparation support to the President and CEO for upcoming meetings when needed;
- Gather receipts, document expenditures, assign expenses to proper projects, prepare and reconcile expenses, and submit the President’s expense reports to the Accounting Department in a timely manner;
- Assist in tracking the President and CEO’s time and completing timesheets in a timely manner; and
- Other duties as assigned.
NFHA seeks an outstanding individual to join our team. We are particularly interested in someone who:
- Has a demonstrated commitment to housing equity, racial justice, and civil and human rights;
- Is adaptable and anticipatory, and able to operate at a fast pace and adjust with professionalism and poise to changing demands and priorities;
- Has exceptional interpersonal and storytelling abilities – one who can build, maintain, and strengthen meaningful relationships with a broad base of partners;
- Has excellent oral and stellar written communication skills, including masterful editing abilities;
- Is a problem-solver able to identify efficient solutions to complex problems;
- Can prioritize and manage multiple projects, problem-solve, be proactive, and work with multiple stakeholders in a dynamic, deadline-driven environment;
- Is able to travel (pending COVID safety precautions) at least once a month;
- Holds a bachelor’s degree and between four and seven (4-7) years of professional experience in nonprofit organization management, executive administration, or related fields;
- Has familiarity with CRM systems and practices as well as experience and proven knowledge in administrative support;
- Possesses a working knowledge about fair housing.
Salary and Benefits
NFHA offers the Executive Assistant a salary between $75,000 and $85,000 annually, commensurate with experience, and an excellent employee benefits package that includes health, vision, dental, and retirement provisions.
Interested applicants should send a resume, salary requirements, and cover letter to: Attn: Personnel via email at email@example.com. No telephone calls, please.
Applications are due by June 3, 2021. The position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer
NFHA values and encourages diversity in its workforce. NFHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on sex, race, age, national origin, ethnicity, background, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.