Associate Director of Enforcement
Associate Director of Enforcement
The National Fair Housing Alliance (NFHA) is the country’s only national civil rights organization dedicated solely to eliminating all forms of housing and lending discrimination and ensuring equal housing opportunities for all people. Through its leadership, education and outreach, member services, public policy, community development, enforcement, homeownership, credit access, and tech equity initiatives, NFHA is dismantling longstanding barriers to equity, rooting out bias, and building diverse, inclusive, well-resourced communities. For more information about NFHA, visit www.nationalfairhousing.org.
The Associate Director of Enforcement works with NFHA’s enforcement and investigations team to develop innovative testing methodologies and implement cutting-edge investigations into institutionalized, data-driven policies and housing practices that perpetuate residential segregation and limit or deny access to housing, home loans, or insurance. NFHA’s office is located in Washington, DC, but a remote work opportunity is available for this position.
- Demonstrate commitment to NFHA’s mission and civil rights;
- Develop and manage fair housing investigations, including testing investigations, throughout the county;
- Gather, organize, and analyze data and evidence from myriad sources, including testing information, property records, the U.S Census, the FFIEC, etc.;
- Present investigation findings to staff and cooperating attorneys;
- Conduct case management activities, including complaint intake and database management;
- Assist in the preparation of fair housing lawsuits and administrative complaints and serve as a fact witness when necessary;
- Write reports and summaries regarding investigative findings;
- Create charts, graphs, and other visual aids to help explain and illustrate investigative findings;
- Recruit and train individual testers to assist with investigations;
- Maintain organized investigation and case files and adhere to protocols for handling testing evidence;
- Maintain detailed and accurate time and travel records;
- Engage in community education and outreach, and represent NFHA in a professional manner;
- Actively participate in and lead staff, enforcement division, and case meetings;
- Participate in professional development training;
- Be willing to travel on overnight trips on average once per month for three nights at a time (pending the status of the COVID-19 panemic); and
- Be flexible to work occasional weekends and evenings.
- At least three years of successful experience in housing, employment, or other investigation and enforcement;
- Demonstrated capacity for successfully planning and managing simultaneous projects;
- Excellent oral communication, critical thinking, and writing skills;
- Familiarity with civil rights statutes and regulations;
- Experience with analyzing data, including but not limited to U.S. Census data, Home Mortgage Disclosure Act data, or CFPB Consumer Complaint data; and
- Experience with GIS mapping systems, database management, and/or data visualization a plus.
- Superb time management skills;
- Experience with public speaking;
- Attention to detail necessary;
- Ability to adapt, change plans, and be flexible on short notice in response to investigations; and
- Ability to work independently from remote locations without supervision.
Salary commensurate with experience with health, vision, dental, and retirement benefit plans provided. NFHA is an equal opportunity employer that values and encourages diversity in its workforce. Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No telephone calls, please.
Applications are due by May 31, 2021. The position will remain open until filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer
NFHA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate based on sex, race, age, national origin, ethnicity, background, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply for Associate Director of Enforcement
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly