Associate Vice President for Enrollment Services
Howard Community College (HCC) is an exciting place to work, learn, and grow! HCC has been awarded the distinction as a "Great College to Work for" since 2009 from The Chronicle of Higher Education.
Howard Community College values diversity among its faculty, staff and student population. We are an innovative institution that is committed to responding to the ever-changing needs and interests of a diverse and dynamic community. No matter where you want to go in your career, you can get there from here!
The Associate Vice President for Enrollment Services provides daily leadership and general supervision to the departments of admissions and advisement, records and registration, financial aid, testing and the welcome and information center. Additionally, the Associate Vice President fosters collaboration within enrollment services and across college functions and offices to support an integrated enrollment management team.
A primary function of the Associate Vice President is to support student access and success by insuring that highly effective, comprehensive student services are provided within the Student Services area and throughout the college. The Associate Vice President ensures excellent customer service to students and the college community; ensures accuracy of the college's Datel student information system, implements technology enhancements that improve service to students, including those that promote remote access to services.
Duties of the Associate Vice President for Enrollment Services include: budget development and management; staffing and employee performance evaluation; staff development; strategic planning; outcomes assessment; continual improvement of student processes; preparation and submission of college, county, state and federal reports; grant development; and continuation of strong collaborative efforts with the local public schools.
- Provides daily leadership and supervision, which includes budget development and management, staffing and employee performance evaluation, staff development, strategic planning, and outcomes assessment, for the areas of admissions and advisement, records and registration, financial aid, testing and the welcome and information center.
- Coordinates preparation and submission of college, county, state and federal reports for enrollment services departments.
- Ensure that enrollment management structure for the college is positioned to support key initiatives such as Guided Pathways, Transfer Articulation Program (TAP) and developmental education. Embrace technology, social media and digital media and recognize its importance in communicating with the current generation of students.
- Researches and develops grant opportunities for enrollment services departments.
- Ensures the college's enrollment goals are met by working in collaboration with other Student Services departments, finance, information technology and academic affairs.
- Represents the Vice President of Student Services in commencement planning. Co-chairs the Enrollment Management Team.
- Coordinates special projects under the direction of the Vice President of Student Services.
- Serves as the primary editor of the college catalog and web page for student services.
- Completes other projects assigned by the Vice President of Student Services.
- Master's degree in education, student personnel development, public relations or related field with a minimum of five years of progressive leadership experience in college admissions, advising, financial aid, information and welcome center, records, registration, or testing.
- A working knowledge of/or work experience in two or more areas of enrollment services is highly desirable.
- Strong knowledge and experience in student enrollment related technology, experience with Ellucian-Colleague student information system preferred.
- Experience with implementing enrollment management key initiatives such as Guided Pathways, Transfer Articulation Program (TAP) and development education, preferred.
Other qualifications Needed:
- Demonstrates highly effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to collaborate with other areas across the college to achieve divisional and college wide goals.
- Demonstrates empathetic regard for students.
- Successful background in promoting ethnic, racial, and cultural diversity.
- Strong background in customer service to students and to the college community
- Demonstrates competence and experience in integrating student development and instructional programs and services.
- Demonstrates successful planning, budgeting and supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated ability to remain current on relevant regulatory requirements of importance to enrollment services (e.g. Gainful Employment).
- Prefer experience with outcomes assessment and continual improvement of student processes.
- Performs all duties while considering the impact of any actions on the college's sustainability initiatives in the areas of environmental stewardship, social responsibility, and economic prosperity.
The Associate Vice President for Enrollment Services provides daily leadership and direction to the departments of admissions and advisement, records and registration, financial aid, testing and the welcome and information center.
Fast-paced, deadline-driven working environment. Concurrent management of numerous tasks, some with conflicting priorities. Periodic local and distance travel. Some evening and weekend hours required. Flexibility required. Regular attendance is a requirement for this position.
Hours Per Week: 37.5 hours
Work Schedule: 8:30 am to 5 pm, Monday thru Friday, weekends and evenings as needed
Compensation: Salary ranging from $81,455 (minimum) $112,000 (midpoint) $142,545 (maximum) commensurate with experience plus excellent heath insurance, paid leave and tuition reimbursement
FLSA Status: Exempt
Open Until Filled
Best Consideration: June 18, 2021
*Pre-employment criminal background investigation is a condition of employment.
As a participating member of the Maryland Retirement and Pension System, HCC offers two retirement options: The Pension, which requires a 7% employee contribution and The ORP, a 403(b) with a 7.25% employer contribution only. Employees in positions that do not require a bachelor's degree must participate in The Pension. Employees that possess a bachelor's degree and hold professional positions that require a bachelor's degree may choose to participate in either The Pension or The ORP.
Howard Community College (HCC) is an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action employer & values diversity within its faculty, staff & student population. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
HCC understands that persons with specific disabilities may need assistance with the job application process and/or with the interview process. For confidential assistance with the job application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 443-518-1100.
This position will work on campus in Columbia, Maryland. HCC does not offer relocation benefits. Candidates must live in the commutable area or relocate at their own expense.
The following are required documents:
- Completed Application (Candidates will be evaluated on completing the college's application in full)
- Cover Letter
Apply using this link-> http://howardcc.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=131401