Director of Student Services
Are you an experienced professional with a passion for the holistic development of students? Do you have expertise in leading a team with a focus on the creation of an inclusive and collaborative community that fosters a sense of belonging? If so, then Carlos Rosario International Public Charter School (CRIPCS) has the perfect opportunity for you.
Carlos Rosario International Public Charter School (CRIPCS) is an adult charter school that delivers high-quality education, career training, and supportive services that enable adult immigrants to realize their dreams while strengthening our community and economy. When you join the team at CRIPCS, you become part of a unique, mission-oriented organization that is actively and innovatively tackling some of the greatest challenges faced by adult learners and English language learners today, with a laser-beam focus on equity of opportunity for those we exist to serve.
Director of Student Services
We are seeking a Director of Student Services who is responsible for supporting our students’ academic and personal growth by eliminating common barriers that adult immigrant students encounter, ensuring that they are able to persist in their education and are ultimately successful. This is accomplished through the thoughtful curation of services and community resources that are relevant to our students’ cultural experiences, their language support needs, and their lives outside of school, such as case management, mental and physical health
services, higher education services, and employment readiness and placement assistance. The Director is responsible for planning, organizing, implementing, and monitoring all activities assigned to the Student Services Department.
● Elevates students’ needs in setting the direction of services, workshop curriculum, instruction, and other supports; develops new programs and initiatives to continually respond to student needs by maintaining and expanding the network of referral agencies within the community.
● Recommends, develops, and implements policies and procedures for the operation of Student Services Department initiates.
● Manages the day-to-day activities of the Student Services Department and all personnel activities, including coordination and supervision of the provision of counseling services
● Oversees and coordinates the implementation of employment services by the Employment Specialists and Employment Coordinator, including job readiness workshops; cross-collaboration with the career training employment team on career readiness and employment
● Partners with the Lead Retention Specialist and Learning and Evaluation Department on the collection and reporting of student services data in accordance with the School’s accountability protocol, Performance Management Framework (PMF). This includes ensuring that responsible staff are following up with students and stakeholders related to student data and case file management.
● Provides support to students in navigating systems to address a variety of issues which may include higher education, community resources, professional development, personal issues, and conduct issues.
● Responsible for the oversight and direction of a variety of programs that can include: Welcome Back Day; Career and Higher Education Advising; Extracurricular Activities, including Student Government; Community Engagement; Mental Health and Wellness; life-skills workshops.
● Works in partnership with Assistant Principals on student issues and/or interventions and students’ activities
● Perform other related duties as assigned
● Master’s Degree in Business, Education, Social Work, Psychology or related field and a minimum of five years of related experience or the appropriate combination of education and experience
Deep commitment to CRIPCS's core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners
Demonstrated success in the leadership and management of a diverse team
Experience working with and/or an understanding of issues related to adult education and the challenges faced by a diverse immigrant population
Bilingual proficiency in Spanish/English or Amharic/English
Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
Ability to work independently without close oversight and as a team player who will proactively and productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority
Apply directly at Carlos Rosario International Public Charter School’s career page
at https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=33b 607f4-564d-4335-b098- 98dd2b218da4&ccId=1434660535_1116&jobId=407381&source=CC3&lang=en_US .This position will be posted until June 4, 2021.